How to get rid of this?

Does someone know how to get rid of this image on some of the websites ?
ftpl

Thanks.

1 Like

Probably can be removed by using AdBlockers. Sometimes you simply cannot remove it, though.

Perhaps this works:

I don’t know whether it just disables the tracking or the buttons themselves.

1 Like

I am quite certain that it could be placed beside the text not over it.

I wonder if asking the webmasters to make it less invasive would do well ?

LOL!!!

I doubt that.

2 Likes

Okay, install AdBlock Plus extension; click on it, select block a layer (I’m not sure; it sounds like to block a part of website), and click the layer whoch you want to remove.

I’m telling this from my experience. It worked for me. Do reply after the results…

Thank you.

1 Like

Great @Nina.
Your solution works on the specific website I took the image from.
Thank you.

In the same
HOW TO GET RID OF THIS
thread

Does anyone get this message when opening CHROMIUM ?

You cannot get rid of this from your side. It’s coming from the website you are visiting. Most probably, you have a screen resolution of less than 1080p and hence it overlaps.

For the second question about password in Chromium. It seems like keyring popup.

I got rid of the social prompter with Adblock.
I understand what the ubuntu-keyring is
but why do I get this pop up only when I use Chromium ?

It look like the application is trying to get my credentials.

Roger
P.s. I have seen more than one APP looking like other APPs on Google Play ; to me they are fakes trying to phish usernames and pswd.
p.p.s. Am I too leery, phobic or what ? :thinking:

2 Likes

@R_G, that happens when you set the system to login you automatically withour entering password. In that case your keyring storing your password will not be opened. Chromium, as well as Google chrome uses this keyring by default.
I think you have 3 options:
-set up your system to require to enter your password for login
-use seahorse to change your keyrings password to an empty string
-add to the commad line in the desktop file that starts your browser: “-password-store=basic” ; that will force Chrome to use its internal password storage.

1 Like

There is a fourth option :
do not use Chromium. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, but you still will need to open your keyring once after every login :slight_smile:
…as other apps store there passwords too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fortunately no.

I actually get that keyring splash only with Chromium.
:smile:

1 Like

Ooooops, that’s weird…

Yes.
It is weird and that is why I mentioned it here.
Actually the only other apps that demand / ask for registered user names and passwords are Firefox and Thunderbird and none of these two ever display that stupid keyring splash.

I have installed chromium on MXLinux to see how it behaves.

Same :poop: ( excuse my French ).

1 Like

@R_G The reason for that is that, when you installed Chromium and entered a password for the very first time, it asked you whether to store the password in the global keyring or within the app, and you answered “in the global keyring”, that’s why you have to unlock it.

By default, Mozilla products store their passwords in their .profile folder, which is not as secure but very convenient. However, Chromium and Chrome can also store their passwords by themselves but don’t do so if you tell them otherwise.

i hate ubuntu-keyring with a passion , it needs to be where you can uninstall it completely if you dont like it, to me it is useless and just not wanted. again it should be an option i have never figured why they just included it when installing an os.

I am writting this post in Chromium on Fedora on the Dell Latitude d830.

It means that

1. I am logged unto https://itsfoss.community/.
  2. I am doing tests as I promised…
  3. I swear to God ( whatever that means and/or for what it is worth ) that I was not bugged by Chromium’s global keyring after the fist recording of the credential to https://itsfoss.community/.

Yes Abishek, I was searching for the link of the website you’ve given…