ICRA 2023 Simulated Humanoid Robot Wrestling Competition

The ICRA 2023 robotics conference is organizing a robot programming competition based on a fully open-source software stack.

This is the first time an advanced robot programming competition, including the interactive CI machinery and 3D web visualization, is released as a fully open-source software. All the software is hosted on GitHub and runs in the GitHub CI in live.

This competition focuses on the development of advanced humanoid robot control software for a wrestling game. It relies on a calibrated simulation model of the NAO robot, running in the Webots simulator with realistic physics, sensor and actuator simulation. Being spectacular and easy to get started with, this competition aims at gathering a large number of competitors, both on-site and remotely. The fully open-source competition software stack was designed to be re-used as a template for other simulation-based robot competitions.

The leader board and 3D games playback are available here.

Important Dates

• January 16th, 2023: registration opens and qualification games start
  • May 23rd, 2023: selection of the best 32 teams
  • May 30th, 2023: 1/16 finals
  • May 31th, 2023: 1/8 finals
  • June 1st, 2023: 1/4 finals
  • June 2nd, 2023: semifinals, third place game and final

Prize

The winning team will receive one Ethereum crypto-currency (priced around USD 1’584 today).

GitHub/CI integration

Each robot controller runs inside its own Linux Docker container. An evaluation round is automatically started whenever a participant push any change to its main branch. The leader board and 3D animations are updated once the round complete in the GitHub CI.

How to participate?

Follow the instructions on GitHub.
Participation is free of charge, including the finals.

Oh! I’m so excited! Another AD.

I thought, this was of interest to the FOSS community as it provides a complete FOSS framework for participating in and developing your own robot programming competition. I changed the introduction of my post to make this more understandable. I hope you can accept it.