Install printer onto Ubuntu 14.04

A friend asked me whether it’s possible to install a ‘Xerox Phaser 3260/DI Monchrome Laser Printer’ onto a 14.04 system. I understand that 14.04 has expired but my friend is determined to do this. I have one of these printers installed on my Windows laptop and she likes it very much.

I have told her that it’s likely a straight-forward process but I want to be sure I’m advising her with some authority. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Lewis M
New Mexico, USA

1 Like

If she is truly determined, she probably is determined enough to upgrade the OS version.

1 Like

since 16.04 offers CUPS, there are posts about dealing with cups in 14.04 and the printer offers linux drivers it seems there are at least good indications that success is possible. sometimes using the address localhost:631/admin in a web browser can be helpful if the gui applet has a hard time finding the printer.

1 Like

check some of that enthusiasm:

Linux Driver for Phaser 3260 supports: Ubuntu 10.04 - 13.04

plus, i had to use the internet archive’s wayback machine to get the drivers since the xerox page timed out.

1 Like

Hi Lewis welcome to the community. This version had an end of life in April this year, so I see no point in even attempting to this. As @Akito has said if she is that determined then she should be determined enough to upgrade.

1 Like