Installing Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu

Yep. Saw it. And found one more typo…
It’s now updated.

I have just another topic in mind. Maybe start at the weekend with it and throw in a draft next week…

Nope. I don’t track our homepage. i’m not the government… :wink:
Just kidding. I have no mechanism running to do such tasks. I think, it’s OK to give such things to the people that are intersted and this is fine for me. If someone likes it, he may or may not come forward with a thumbs up or suggestions.

2 Likes

Especially when Windows updates with those sometimes nasty Cumulative ones, that set all the settings back that you setup back to default. Like the bloatware programs and the stupid pig ignorant date and time not being correct, having to do this.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation
Right click TimeZoneInformation add new Dword 32 and call it
RealTimeIsUniversal

Double-click the RealTimeIsUniversal value you just created, set is value data to 1, and click “OK”.

Never ever will I dual boot Windows ever again. Got mine installed on my secondary PC with the same specs as my Linux one, apart from the Graphic Card, everything else is identical. Only got Windows installed for my GOXLR settings to be booted into the GOXLR machine, then back into Linux. One day Thomas there will be a way to use everything on the GOXLR in Linux. I keep saying that to myself, my name is not Thomas by the way, it is just an expression used. My name is not just an expression used either. :grin: Sorry Spike Milligan in me.

1 Like

I did have a dual boot with Win10 and Debian 11 on the same disk.
My policy was to never ever update Win10.
That worked, but it meant Win10 slowly became useless… so I deleted it. I can do everything I want in Debian.
The space Win10 occupied is more valuable to me than Win10 ever was.

So if you want to keep Windows AND update it, I agree… separate machine or at least separate disks.

Neville

1 Like

When I dual booted had separate disks, but Windows on separate machine now. Linux Mint Ulyssa is my daily drive and for gaming Linux Mint Uma, Both on separate SSD’s, both XFCE Edition. Daily Drive on 1TB SSD, gaming on 2TB SSD. Gaming in Proton, all my Windows games work out of the bag. Those clever people at Valve and in Wine have done a marvelous job for gaming. Don’t feel the need to game in Windows 10 anymore. Because I spent so much on the GOXLR £800.00 British Pounds. Had accidentally bought two back in 2020. Took six months for delivery, yet the shop was only eight miles away. Hence why I don’t want to give up using it. What gets me is the fact that the codecs used inside this machine, was probably open source to begin with? Bloody proprietary systems.

1 Like

@nevj
I ran Mint and W10, on the same disk, on my old laptop for a good year, never had any problems, with updates. Did not have much choice on where to run Linux, laptop only had one drive, unless I booted Linux with a USB device.
Uninstalled Linux and the laptop is now running W11.

2 Likes

@easyt50
HI @easyt50!!!

1 Like

Hi @4dandl4,

I hope all is well with you.

1 Like

@easyt50
All is well, just wish I could slow down, but have too many projects to try and complete.