Installing wine

Did you apply the level 3 and 4 patches for 19.1 that were marked for installation? ie; the kernel updates.

1 Like

All levels as I always do a timeshift first then after they’ve done I remove the old kernels once I know it is safe to do so. The only problems I have ever had with updating hasn’t been caused by Mint directly. I would always advise caution in applying updates, but this has been my experience with 19 .1 which is another reason why I always recommend it.

2 Likes

What happen Wine? I sure I saw it as a app to be installed by the S/W manager under Mint 18.3.

i have found a couple of articles about how to install wine on 19.1 through the command line. or were you more interested in doing so (or just wondering why it was no longer an option?) through the software manager?

1 Like

Hi Cordx,
Yes, I found an article on the install too, but I could not get to work. When the procedure went to add the repository, it failed. I even try to modify the add statement but it kept failing.

I wanted to see if Wine would read my WD passport disks. I have 4 of them and they do not work with Linux. I saw some procedures to add the support, for WD disks, but again cold not get them to work. I just don’t have enough experience to correct install problems. Either it works or I’m stuck.

1 Like

i had an issue with my wd drive not being read by ubuntu mate. i think trying wine might be one way to take a look at it. i have a couple of other thoughts on possible options and think some others might as well. what say we start this discussion in its own thread and see if we can’t help you get that worked out? :slight_smile:

1 Like