I've been thinking about this

Sorry folks. If it’s part of Billy boy I just don’t want it, need it or feel it’s worth it.
It’s the main reason I have moved to linux.

There are very few new laptops on the market without Windows preinstalled.
But for example Acer sell some (Without Windows!):

If I would tick “I want windows too” the price rises by approx $170.

Where does this money go?

2 Likes

Since a while he is Nadella. :smiley:

I never said that Microsoft wasn’t making money from selling their operating system to consumers (pecunia non olet), but merely that this source of revenue is relatively small compared to what is created by selling corporate solutions and services depending on the Windows ecosystem.

3 Likes

I misunderstood something. Sorry for my english, this is probably not the last case I misread something.
:relaxed:

Not so much. Rereading what I wrote earlier, I realized that I had made a more radical statement than I thought. You did not misunderstand me, I expressed myself poorly.

Mea culpa

1 Like

What about the revenue from selling on your personal data and commercial business data to make :us: great again :laughing:

So what was the kickback - $billions
1 Like

Well, you could go to Tools–> Autocorrect–> and shut it off, or just go down to the menu that shuts off the autocorrect bold & italic. Or use a less-fancy text editor.

People always complain LO is so less capable than MS Orifice because it doesn’t do some wonderful thing. But it does 10X more than I’ve been able to figure out or need.

I miss Balmer. If he was still boss, Microsoft would be bankrupt by now.