Lenovo linux? Help me to choose right?

Is lenovo IdeaPad S340 supported linux? Especially Debian? Must help :pray::pray::pray:

one of the easier ways to check how your system will work with any linux distribution is to make a live usb and run it to see how things go. this is a discussion from earlier this year about someone setting their s340 up to run ubuntu: Ideapad S340 with Ubuntu+Win10 in dual boot mode

4 Likes

Welcome to โ€œITโ€™s Fossโ€ @Farhan_Mushtaque. I did a quick search for your question and found that one guy did have a minor problem. I will post the link below. I also saw where someone tested Ubuntu 19.10 and Mint 19.2, The link of the problem is;

My search on google found lots of info. I searched with โ€œlenovo ideapad s340 support linuxโ€.
2 Likes

Thanx a lot my bro. Respect for you. And keep it upโ€‹:+1::kissing_heart:

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 300 and use Linux Mint exclusively. (Version 20 now)
I havenโ€™t tried Debian.
Good luck and welcome!

2 Likes

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X220 and used Linux Mint Cinnamon 18, 19, and now 20.
Only real problem was this laptop had a touch screen. It was a cross between a PC and tablet.
The problem, which was not too hard to resolve, was a jumping cursor (mouse pointer) after each fresh install.

2 Likes

Check this - https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1543006&p=13965439#post13965439

2 Likes