Linux Mint 20 panel settings (SOLVED)

Hopefully you can see a sample of my panel. On the left portion (up to the green 4kVideoDownloader) are ‘quick start’ icons that are always there. In the middle area starting with the underlined Thunderbird app are open apps. Then there are labeled icons for the same open apps (starting with Thunderbird (Inbo…)). What I don’t like is, for example, the left most Files icon that’s underlined is now linked to the first open instance of the Files program and is not a quick start to open a new instance of the Files program. I’d like all the ones on the left to just be ‘quick start’ a new instance. Basically, once I use a launcher, it’s not a launcher anymore and does not launch a new instance. Does this make any sense? I had it setup the way I liked it before I switched to release 20 and now can’t remember how I had done it. I’m confused by ‘Grouped Window List’ and ‘Panel Launchers’ which are both loaded.
Can anyone help this Linux idiot?
Thanks, Jim
(Guess the underlines don’t appear in my uploaded pic but everyone of the ‘quick launch’ panels that’s open is underlined and has a ‘duplicated’ icon in the middle area)
For reference, here’s the panel with nothing open.

1 Like

I know what you mean. I had a LOT of trouble with GUI Panels in the past. I think the best thing you can do is to read all settings available and try to find what you are looking for. As far as I know, there are many options available usually, so you should find what you are looking for, at some point. Or maybe someone already fixed that issue.

2 Likes

Thanks Akito! I’ll try reading more about ‘Grouped Window List’ vs. “Panel Launchers”.

1 Like

I’m not finding a lot of helpful info on “Grouped window list” or “Panel launchers” in regard to the problem.

It was so much easier than I thought. I looked on my wife’s computer that I had setup. It was simply a matter of not using 'Grouped Window List.