Linux Mint on Dell Inspiron 24 AIO 5415

I just acquired an Inspiron 5410 AIO (All In One) with AMD processor and the AMD Family 17h (models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller. Once the GUI loads, the computer sets the speaker volume to 100% and plays screeching computer noises for about 3 seconds.
Once I login to my profile and use pavucontrol, I can set the output of the "Family 17h (models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller to “Analog Stereo Output”. This allows audio to come out of the speakers normally.I’m assuming the screeching is coming from the fact that pulse audio hasn’t been started yet (or has been started by lightdm) to play the cute login sounds. But I can’t tolerate the noise every time this thing boots.
Ideas on how to get the max volume screeching to stop?

It would be helpful if you mention which distro you are facing the issue in.

1 Like

The distro is Linuxmint-21.3-cinnamon-64bit

1 Like

First reaction would be
Hardware drivers

Launch Menu ‣ Administration ‣ Driver Manager

https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/drivers.html

Then do system update and restart.

5 Likes

Thank’s for the answer, but for the moment I have desinstall Mint on the Dell computer and I use my old computer since this problem is solved so I cannot launch menu/administration/driver manager etc…

Does the sound appear with windows ?

No with windows (11) everything is all right.

Ok

Its a setting after install of mint

Do you want to try again or not ?

Mint comes in several flavours mate, cinnamon or lmde also in 64 or 32 bit

If you want to go again, please let us know whhich version, happy to work with you on a solution rather than having to put up with windows !

4 Likes

I have try Mint Cinnamon 18.0, then Mint Cinnamon 21.1, and then Mint 21.3 Cinnamon - Edge, and for the moment I want be sure before I try again there is someone who have complete the install without any issue on this Dell Inspiron 5410 AIO (All In One) with AMD processor and the AMD Family 17h (models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller, thank You for the answer.

Hi Gil Geyer,
When you run the Linux Mint live distro, do you also hear noise from the speakers?

Jorge

2 Likes

Yes its the same sound probably because off the sound card they have a problem with Linux or Mint especialy

1 Like

Hi Gil,
Thanks for your reply
I have the same opinion as Paul:

Out of curiosity, what do we get with the following command?

inxi -A | grep driver

Jorge

3 Likes