Linuxmint 20 intermittent internet issue connected but no internet

Hi I’ve installed Tricia with your tutorial and guess what the issue is still there in Tricia as well.

One thing I’ve observed is that in Automatic band mode whenever I start big file download internet immediately goes in the error mode(drops)( this is sure way to recreate the issue) Even in normal operation also this issue reoccurs but that is not predictable but starting big file download is sure way to see internet getting disconnected. If that helps someway.

I think I will manage without Linux Mint till some future updates resolve this issue.

For my understanding I have few questions

1. In case of Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac adapter issue who is responsible ? Qualcom should have provided updates to the firmware or OS should have taken care of these issues?

2. Is there hope that LM future updates will resolve this issue? Because I see this issue discussed on many forums. Can I report this issue to the LM community somewhere to request them to take it for future updates?

3. I’ve tested external adapter TP link TL-WN725N but it gives lousy speed. Is there any tested external adapter that will give decent speed in my case.

Thank you so much for your time and efforts. I really appreciate.

Have you tried to use wired connection. Maybe if that is reliable it will see if LM is OK. Then work on WiFi after. A low, ie less than 2 Mb, speed has little margin and keeps dropping so a wire may be needed. Hope you can get it working

Thanks, I will try wired connection option and update you.

This site maybe of help Good luck.

Thanks. As per [0bill0]'s suggestion I tried wired connection and it’s bliss now. I never thought of wired option before. At the moment not worried about that issue now as working from home and when I go to client’s office that disconnect issue is not there.

Thank you so much Abhishek and everyone. See you at the time of some other issue!!!