Logged out forcibly

It worked. For the time being, Gnome and this forum works fine. I was logged in when tried both sites. But my plugins are gone.

2 Likes

FireFox 68 on desktop Mint 19.1 Ethernet and laptop Mint 18.3 WiFi. No problem with your site.

2 Likes

if it happens to return, i was going to suggest disabling all add-ons/plugins and then adding them back one at a time. a reset makes sense too and got the job done, but just in case :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s back. I did a shutdown. That is all it took. Perhaps something to do with the sync.

The interesting part is Gnome.discourse is behaving exactly the same way.

2 Likes

have you tried another browser to try and localize it to firefox if possible?

2 Likes

I will try and update. When I opened the tab this time, the login was active. Same for discourse.gnome. I hope it stays that way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another thing to look at might be the saved passwords settings page in Firefox. You may have told Firefox NEVER to remember your password for this page. You can tell if you did that IF when you type in your credentials AND Firefox DOESN’T ask you to remember the password. Also, you might tell if this is the case if Firefox doesn’t fill the in the credentials automatically so that all you have to do is click Login.

3 Likes

Dilip
If you now have a solution please will you mark it as solved with the reply that solved it. Thank you, it will help others in our community who might try and help to see it has been. :grinning:

2 Likes

The issue is back. Only with itsfoss and gnome.discourse. Maybe, both websites does not offer " Remember me " while login. I will try another browser and see if it exists pan browser.

At the moment, I am try to find a workaround. But as I mentioned, refresh Firefox did work for a small amount of time.

1 Like

Tried using Chromium

1. Closed and access tab

Login was retained

1. Closed the browser and launched it again

Login was retained

1. System restart

Yet to try.

1 Like

Could you please do the tests mentioned below?

• Stop Firefox Sync
    • click on Menu (top right icon) -> click on your email -> Sync Settings -> disconnect
  • Disable all extensions
    • Menu -> Add-ons -> Extensions and select Disable for each extension (annotate which add-ons are Enabled before Disable them)
  • Disable all plugins
    • Menu -> Add-ons -> Plugins and select Never Activate for each Plugin (annotate which plugins are Always Active switch to Never Activate)
  • Access to IT’S FOSS COMMUNITY forum
  • click on Show Site Information (icon with a locker on the left of the https:// link)
    • Select Clear Cookies and Site Data -> Select iftsfoss.community and remove it
    • Select Open Permissions Preferences (Gear Icon)
    • Search Login and Passwords
      • Select Saved Logins and if you have any entry for its FOSS Login remove it
      • If you have a check for Ask to save logins and passwords for websites, remove it
  • Refresh Firefox again
    • Menu -> Help -> Troubleshooting Information ->Refresh Firefox
  • Close Firefox
  • Open Firefox

Please do some tests just with IT’S FOSS COMMUNITY forum:

• Login to IT’S FOSS COMMUNITY
  • close Firefox
  • open Firefox
  • Access to IT’S FOSS COMMUNITY

If it works do it several times just to check if it keeps works without ask you for login again

Please give the feedback

1 Like

Works fine on Chromium. I think I will leave it to it.

@Tech_JA I am skipping this issue for the moment.Thanks for your help

2 Likes