Logged out forcibly

Every time I close all tabs related to this website, I am automatically logged out, no matter I am in the same session of the browser or not. I have login each and every time I check this site for refreshed content.

what browser and distro?

1 Like

@meetdilip as @01101111 has said in not so many words, we need more detail than you have given thus far to help you. Without that any help will only be subjective which is pretty pointless. So if you could supply more information it would help the community to help you :grinning:

Do you allow cookies? If not, you might experience having to log in every time you close the browser.

2 Likes

Firefox on 18.04 Ubuntu

I have other forums in different tabs ( some of them Discourse ), no issue in any of them. Yes, I allow cookies.

1 Like

Do you have ‘Autofill logins and passwords’ ticked in Firefox -> Logins and Passwords?

1 Like

Yes. Looks like it is ON.

1 Like

which version of FireFox ? I never use it, but I know it was updated recently, so perhaps that is causing the problem. Also there was a minor outage on here the other day, which was soon solved and wasn’t worth mentioning.
If you have another browser and are about to sign in as you do, then you will know it is a Firefox problem

Do you login with GitHub, Facebook, email account, etc or with specific user and password for this forum?

1 Like

Gnome Discourse is also showing the same problem. I am using Firefox 68.

2 Likes

Normal login. I registered using my email ID.

2 Likes

Sorry about all this questions, and your other discourse forums, do you use your email ID too?

1 Like

Yes. But only these two. I have a few other forums on different tabs. 1 other Discourse working fine.

2 Likes

Could you try reset Firefox to default settings?

• Help ->Troubleshooting information -> refresh Firefox
    Close the Firefox, open it again and test if Firefox keeps you sign in on It’s FOSS
2 Likes

the current version is 68.01 which you may need to upgrade to

2 Likes

You’re right!
I had not noticed that the Firefox has a recent version

I cannot reproduce it on Chrome and Firefox. Does anyone else has similar problem?

2 Likes

i’m on firefox 68 in ubuntu mate 18.04 and don’t have this issue. @meetdilip do you use sync and/or any add-ons?

1 Like

Yes, I use sync and a handful of addons. I update through the updates Ubuntu sends through its update manager.

1 Like

I am using this forum since some time now. It started yesterday.

I will try @Tech_JA

2 Likes