Lost subject Backup

I am a fairly inexperienced and stupid Linux Mint user. I saw (somewhere) a subject on the main Foss page which instructed how to backup settings from installed software and reinstall it after a crash and new installation of my Linux version. AND I LOST IT AND CANNOT FIND IT AGAIN. Hence the stupid. Could someone please tell me where it is?
It was not about using Time Shift, I’m sure about that. As far as I can remember it was a set of commands to backup the names of the extra software that was installed, in a file. After reinstalling Linux you could use that file to automatically reinstall the software in the list.
Thank you in advance

So was this using Time Shift that’s incorporated in Mint? Which version of Mint are you using? Cinnamon, XFCE, or Mate??? Find system reports in the menu. Open it, then activate Time Shift.

It was not about using Time Shift, I’m sure about that. As far as I can remember it was a set of commands to backup the names of the extra software that was installed, in a file. After reinstalling Linux you could use that file to automatically reinstall the software in the list.

Was it here Guide to Backup and Restore Linux Systems with Timeshift

1 Like

Nope, it wasn’t. Too bad.
:cry:

1 Like

Maybe here?

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=167083

It is not as I remember it but it could very well do the trick.
Thanks mate. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Mint icon, bottom left corner of desktop/Applications/Backup. That will do it for you.
BTW-Yes, there is an app that does what you want, I used to use it years ago, it
is called Aptik.

I told you guys I was a bit stupid. Thanks. :sweat_smile: