Minimal BASH like line editing is supported

“minimal BASH like line editing is supported”

I encountered a Grub error while booting Kali installer (by usb), i’ve tried to fix the error with a live version, but as before, when It boots the usb it shows the same error. I’ve tried with “normal” command that shows the OSs to boot (kali linux; kali linux (forences) and anothers similars) but newly don’t boot showing “linux is not a recognized command”

What was the error?

However: to boot, type boot

Other commands:

https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/legacy/Command_002dline-and-menu-entry-commands.html

" Minimal BASH like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file completions."

<

that’s the error, i’ve tried with this tutorial Fix Minimal BASH like line editing is supported GRUB Error but as I said the live doesn’t boot too.
I tried with boot but shows me an strange error

If you can’t boot into the live version, you will probably have to adjust some settings for boot order in the BIOS/UEFI.

secure and fast boot are disabled, usb is first in order and sata is set on ahci, if you mean that

I meant that, but in your place, I’d get into panic mode now. Sorry.

don’t worry and thanks<3 However now I tried with Ubuntu and it boots perfectly, conversely of Debian and Kali, it’s like there are missing some basics drivers, maybe because I’ve a recent computer?

Yes, that is possible. Ubuntu has straight up by far the best hardware support available in the Linux OS world. I still remember setting up Debian on a brand new laptop for someone, a couple of months ago. It took me a couple of hours, then I gave up.

I then created a Kubuntu USB live medium, booted into it, installed the OS onto the laptop and BOOM. Everything just works. Simple as that. No need to screw around with Debian, just because it has trouble to load the right drivers.

Additionally, Kali is based on Debian, anyway. So, if you cannot get Debian to work, you most likely won’t get Kali to work, either, and vice versa.

2 Likes