MP3 wont connect

This is really a stupid pain in the a$$ thing.
I cant believe using a mp3 is this had all of the sudden.
What pisses me off more is having to get out a windows
laptop to do something like this.

THANK YOU! This instantly fixed the problem!

By jingo I detest MTPā€¦ Why canā€™t we just see the android device as if itā€™s a USB thumb drive like how it used to work in the noughties with Android 1.6?

I remember way back when we had to first start using MTP to connect Linux to an Android phone - I was running Ubuntu 11 or 12, and Android 2.x on a Galaxy Note (1) - what a monumental pain.in.the.A, it was pretty much broken / unusable a great steaming pile of ____ ā€¦ I think I started using Kees Air or something like that (and then using a web browser over wifi to access my android handset from Linux)ā€¦

So - anyway - it eventually started to workā€¦ but now? Samsung (Samdung) have done something with MTP where EVERY time I plug it (Galaxy S9+ Android 10) in to one of my Linux boxes, over USB, I have to confirm ā€œAllowā€ access on the handset!!! EVERY time? I remember it used to do that just once and remembered it (e.g. with my previous handsets running Android 4, 5, 6, 8, Nexus 5, Samsung Note 3, Nokia 4.2).

Anyway - the fault lies somewhere with Samsung (didnā€™t happen on my Nokia 4.2 running Android 10 ā€œOneā€) and Linux (because it doesnā€™t happen on my Windows 10 laptop at work - i.e. I set ā€œAllowā€ once and it remembers it)ā€¦ Actually, that could be wrong, correlation / causation thing? Itā€™s quite possible Samsung are being the eejits they normally are, and making MTP broken for Linux clients but not Windows? I blame Samsung, because didnā€™t happen on my Nokia (note : not a real Nokia, its just a logo printed on a Chinese device from HMD - there are no new Nokiaā€™s).

I nearly shelled out close to $2K (monthly payment plan over 2 years) for a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - because I wanted to run Linux on Samsung Dexā€¦ then Samsung just dropped it!!! Just like thatā€¦ No fanfare, no ceremonyā€¦ Just no more Linux on Samsung Dexā€¦ Phew - so glad I didnā€™t buy into it (got the S9+ off e-bay for about $400)! But I do use Dex sometimes - but - itā€™s a bit flaky (depends where i am - e.g. I have a NextDock, and run Dex to it from the S9+, at home my Citrix session to work lasts for hours over WiFi - but if Iā€™m at a DC [data centre] and trying to use it over 3/4 G cellular - it continually drops out).

1 Like