My first Debian attempt - And a second one

Hi guys I’m back after a short ban so thought I would take another look at this controversial topic. I am pleased that you have been so busy and must thank whoever for more evidence to back my case - I can’t believe for one moment that no one else hasn’t noticed this official it’sFOSS review of heavy use of resource standing still.

PCLOS-SYS-JB-01

I must also thank @kovacslt for his videos even though I can’t understand the purpose. We see at the end of the PCLOS video; the cpu’s workload climbing, maxing out at 100% a sure sign of impending doom rendering the OS unusable. :astonished: If we then look at the Trisquel video we see just the opposite with the cpu’s workload continuing to fall to around 7% as expected from a good OS and confirms my own cpu experience. :slightly_smiling_face: This has of course been entirely covered by the professional tester at DistroWatch - Quote “The distribution ran unusually well in VirtualBox. The MATE desktop was highly responsive, new applications opened quickly, and the operating system ran smoothly.” Plus - “When I switched over to testing the distribution on my workstation the performance was again great. I love how responsive MATE was in both test environments. The desktop flies on this distribution and windows are wonderfully snappy. MATE is a mid-weight desktop environment, yet it performs like a lightweight window manager on this distribution.
Exactly what I find when I use the Full Monty version.

minimax-Trisquel-Mem-02

I do hope that the above has not come as too much of a shock…? To quote al-things-linux “and only 370 MB of RAM in use after a fresh boot, probably the lowest ever seen. A decent use of hardware leaving plenty to spare for actual operation.” Yo are they in for a shock - I must update them soon.
It comes from my LXDE Dell E6420 MiniMax-OS with all the usual expected of a Full Monty Distro - full suite of LibreOffice, Gimp, etc plus performance measuring and system reporting applications from its 20,000 app repository. :wink:
Another it’sFOSS world record for efficiency - Enjoy :1st_place_medal:

2 Likes