New Configuration For PC

@nevj
Editing the fstab file did not work!!! The only thing I found out is that Manjaro will not boot from /dev/ id’s, where as Gentoo will. The compatibility lies deeper than just the use of UUID’s. This issue may exist with all Arch based distros.

Good, that makes it clear.
Manjaro seems to have some weaknesses in its boot procedure and they require delving into grub config to fix.

All the distros I have worked with, Debian, Void, Solus, BSD will boot from device names, its just that sometimes in multidisc computers they get them muddled. The Manjaro case is a separate issue.

Thanks Daniel … we have it straight now

Its probably not the bootloader… thats just the way grub is configured, its most likely at the stage where its finished with the initramfs and is switching over to using the real filesystem on the real hdd.
That is when it uses the device names to find the root filesystem and home and others,

Hi @4dandl4,
I read the article, but I was not able to solve my problem. It was an interested read and I was hopeful this was going to be an easy fix. Checking other suggestion on Kernel Panic, I read that maybe Manjaro has to be in control of grub, meaning Manjaro has to have it own grub install.
Thanks for your time, it was a good suggestion.

Best Regards.

1 Like

@easyt50
I was hopeful also, but I just did not have the time, so I switched to Debian, which has been working really well.