OMG mounting usb lost it all

Question:
Is there or will there be any recovery for my USB, which appears dead. :dizzy_face:

I attempted a “mount” my USB and it was working okay. I thought I did the “unmounted” instruction correctly BUT the light went out on the USB and there is no life. I think I could have missed a point in instruction???

Problem: :scream:
The USB had all software to my Embroidery files…I was able to transfer files to it and then take the USB to my machine and blast away. NOW it won’t open on my Lap top or on my Machine. :cry:
Anyone Help?

You unmounted it and then it dismounted. There is no “but” necessary.

How did you plug it in and how did you try to mount it, again?

1 Like

To expand on Akito.
You will need to physically remove the USB device and then plug it back in.
The system should mount the device again.
It caught me off guard the first time I did the same thing. I thought “damn”.

1 Like

The only time I’ve experienced such behaviour is on Windows… Can’t remember how I got around it… Maybe I gave up and used Linux instead?

I assume BOTH (Lap top…my Machine) your systems are Linux and they’re not auto mounting it when inserted?

If they’re both linux - please open a terminal and run

sudo lsblk
sudo fdisk -l

and paste the output here?

And maybe even output of

sudo lsusb

1 Like

Thank I am still new enough or lame enough not to always catch onto these issues. I am working on it. I did take screen shots of all the ways I attempted to find answers…so, early morning, screen shots and coffee may be apart of the answer.

I did take screen shots of all the ways I attempted to find answers…so, today; early morning, screen shots and coffee may be apart of the answer. The 2 suggested were used. What I know is; the usb will light-up and appear to work on a windows system BUT files are not actually there and it took device management to track it. Will Post screen shots soon.