Post your desktop(s)!

But why did you hide Lord Hanuman?

Too late to the party, but whatever :slight_smile:

Pop!_OS 20.04

3 Likes

Woow, the wallpaper looks cool where did you get it?

Stumbled across it while looking for abstract wallpapers, here’s the link: https://wallpapersden.com/huawei-4k-stock-abstract-wallpaper/

3 Likes

Ubuntu 20.04 in PRoot environment, using Openbox and lxpanel :smiley:

3 Likes

@Fluttershy Yours is truly a very lovely and colourful desktop background.

1 Like

Just noted that I haven’t yet shown off my Garuda Dragonized in this thread.

I left some windows open, so that you can see the ultra posh transparency effects. Might not be everybody’s cup of tea and this is certainly not a lean environment, but I absolutely adore this modern style and I have no issues whatsoever with responsiveness on this 10 years old laptop.

4 Likes

Great theme I love it

Variety brings in lots of interesting photos. This is one of the Cassini pics of Saturn on a Lubuntu desktop running in XFCE.

2 Likes

Great link. Thank you.

Bottom “main” 32" QHD :

Top “extra” 32" QHD :

1 Like

Santorini Island, Greece

6 Likes

I hardly ever see my wallpaper - it’s a photo I took earlier this year (April) of the Swan River, using my shonky Galaxy S9+ smartphone, about 6:00 am :

That’s just across the road from my house - about 5 minute walk across vacant land (semi-bush - flattened demolished grounds of a mental hospital).

About 2-3 minutes after I took that photo, a rowing team and their coach on a powerboat cruised through and destroyed the serenity :

3 Likes

One of a thousand views of the Oregon Coast. Mint 21.2

6 Likes

Linux Mint 19.3 32 bit version
why this; because I still do html web sites so use dreamweaver MX version from 2000 which would run on windows XP and I use WINE plus Filezilla to transfer the pages:
ok I should upgrade and go to wordpress and change to a new version of Linux Mint, but as is on a very old netbook not capable and every year I say this is my last year before retirement dont think its worth doing. Perhaps next year …
My image, My Monkey bike, a gift to myself

after I sold my Harley but still wanted to ride a motorcycle and have fun

5 Likes

I’ll post mine later if I think of it, but wanted to mention a nice program for changing the wallpaper.

John’s Background Switcher – John’s Adventures (johnsad.ventures)

There are many nice options to use different sources for the pictures and then arrange them in many different ways and change to a new wallpaper periodically.

The bad news is that it’s Windows and Mac only. It’d be a great project if someone wants to try and tackle it with Python.

1 Like

6 Workspaces LM

Main work area

Sheila

6 Likes

My Desktop.

3 Likes

I’ve still got mine - 2007 model - but - it’s in pieces at a mate’s place - probably gonna cost me thousands to get back on the road… Will be selling it soon as I can…

I’ve replaced riding Harleys with ‘emmission free’ e-scooters - and missus is getting me an e-bike for Xmas - with big fat tyres (knobblies) and suspension on both axles, so I can go off-road (there’s lots of bush tracks nearby) as well as down the shops… Perth’s a BRILLIANT city for cycle paths - lot of construction work going on at the moment, but sometime next year, I should be able to commute “express” from near my house, to the city, when I can be bothered to get off my arse and work at my office desk…

What I’d really love is an e-motorcycle - the Harley one is way out of my pricerange (it’s the same price as a f–king Tesla just about) - I love the BMW CE 04 :

It’s even got a rubber band (kevlar belt) driving the rear wheel like most Harleys!

2 Likes