Pre-installed Windows 11 22H2 OOBE page skips the networking function step

Mini computers shipped in 2022 are all pre-installed with the latest version of Windows 11 22H2. However, new computers pre-installed with Windows 11 need to be connected to the Internet before logging into Microsoft during the first normal startup wizard settings or after reinstalling the system. account, you can successfully enter the desktop. Systems before Windows 11 22H2 can skip networking. Starting from the 22H2 version, it is no longer possible to skip the Internet connection. Today, we will introduce the method for logging into a Microsoft account by skipping the Internet connection for the Windows 11 22H2 version system.

Solution

1. In the latest Windows 11 22H2 version of the new computer boot wizard, it is no longer possible to skip the Internet connection. First, we do not need to connect to the network first (do not plug in the network cable or connect the wireless network to the computer). When the interface as shown above (1-1) appears, press the keyboard Shift+F10 keys to open the command line program (for some keyboards with Fn keys, please press Fn+shift+F10).

2. Enter “OOBE\BYPASSNRO” in the command line and press Enter. The computer will automatically restart. After restarting, the “I don’t have internet” option will appear. Click this option to skip the Internet and enter the system desktop;

4 Likes

I’m not going to install W11.
But if that’s true, that means Microsoft is agressively pushing windows users to have an MS account, thus those users report about themselves. Disgusting privacy intrusion :rage:
Feels like around 1950’s …1960’s in the Soviet-union controlled eastern block.
I lived here, I’m happy to be free now.
Thanks MS, another reason to avoid Windows.
(The described trick may work now, but this workaround will be closed soon - I bet…)

3 Likes

@kovacslt
This info is not correct, just did a couple of W11 installs this week!!! I just turn the power off to my modem and router and install W11 to a local account, if one has an MS account, that is the best, for an W11 install. No problem whatsoever.

1 Like

So you say

is a hoax?

I believed it.
Sorry for my rant.

1 Like

Is this what you are referring to?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/set-up-windows-11-without-internet-oobebypassnro/4fc44554-b416-4ecb-8961-6f79fd55ae0f

1 Like

An easier solution is to enter a properly formatted fake email address/password for your Microsoft account in the “Let’s add your Microsoft account” page of installation, and click “Next”. You’ll get an error page. Click “Next” to continue installation with a local (non-Microsoft) user account.

I don’t know how long this’ll continue to work, but AFAIK, it works now,

Ernie

6 Likes

They’re getting Windows users used to the subscription model of software - i.e. you will rent MS Windows via the cloud, like Office 365…

Yet another nail in the coffin…

Surely this will push more users to look for alternatives…

Hmmm - well - maybe not - Apple kinda enforce you to have an Apple ID for MacOS, iPad and iPhone… But I’m sure it’s still possible to use without one - they just don’t make it easy…

4 Likes

@daniel.m.tripp
I doubt Windows users will really care!!!

2 Likes

Thought the best answer would be ditch windows and go linux … problem solved

6 Likes

And the door is opened for a lot of other issues!!!

3 Likes

There will be issues wherever you go.
The main role of an OS is to keep your computer running and facilitate access. Whoever does that best will dominate the
market.

1 Like

Sorry. I just gotta go with Paul on this one. Far fewer headaches.

6 Likes

Agreed, and you’ll probably get a lot of agreement with that plan on here.

If you’re not a hardcore gamer keen to play all the newest titles as soon as they come out, you can most likely ditch Windows. I know I pretty much have.

2 Likes