Recent Error - Unsupported Graphics Card

About a month ago I was trying to play War Thunder and after the post login Update I tried playing the game and received the following error:

Unsupported Graphic Card
-There is a problem with your graphics card. Please ensure your card meets the minimum system requirements and that you have that latest drivers installed.

I didn’t think much about it at the time, thinking that Gaijin would fix the error eventually.

The error surfaced again today when I was trying to access Epic Games through Lutris.

I tried adding a few ppa(s) in hopes that they may have had something more up to date , but they didn’t have anything extra that I don’t already have installed. Now I’m not sure what I should do next.

Any ideas on how to fix this error would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
-Edgrin2

need a bit more info mate…

what distro (assuming mint - but what release?) and version???

what graphics card? driver version (e.g. nouveau on nvidia GPU? Intel series?)

output of “inxi -Fxz” command

1 Like

Problem Solved…

I had a GPU that was going bad. The War Thunder error was a leading indicator that something was wrong. I had almost 2-3 months of use on other less GPU intensive games and web browsing before it finally got to the point of spitting out gibberish onto the monitor.

When I would start the computer I couldn’t see user login, but when I blindly entered login credentials I could hear the welcome sound effects, letting me that the CPU and hard drive was working properly. So I just ordered another GPU and it works great.

Thank you for trying to assist me.
-Edgrin2

1 Like