Sign-in problems with It's FOSS

I know this has been a topic raised before. However having wasted a good deal of the morning trying to send a message, I should like to repeat that I find the log-in process quite frustrating. I know the procedure is meant to speed things up in a secure fashion, but I find it so daunting that I try to avoid signing in if at all possible. I think I have signed in, then move to another category where I am asked once again to log on. If I try to use the previous permission, it has expired, and I have to do it again. Surely there must be an easier way.

1 Like

The easy way is to stay logged in all the time.
If you browser has saved the FOSS tab, it will still be logged in even after turning your machine off and rebooting.

2 Likes

The sign-in remains active in Firefox even if the tab is closed. If I leap to another partition/distro, I have to restart everything, including the sign-in. Multi-booting with one computer and 5 partitions is my choice, however.

3 Likes

Like Neville i stay signed in but if i close the tab by mistake once i start to typle the address it auto completes and logs me straight in

2 Likes

I thank everyone for suggestions. The best thing about It’s FOSS, apart from its having the solutions to so many problems, is that the replies are helpful and not condescending.
Having said that, I have spent over an hour this morning trying to get to the point where I can write a reply. I tick on log-in, go to my email, tick there, and a new page, identical to the first appears, so it would seem I haven’t been logged in.

Even now, when I seem to have succeeded, the top of the page has a log-in box to tick. So, my query: the suggestion that I stay logged-in seems a good one, but could someone tell me how exactly to do that. I use Libre Wolf and Mullvad browsers.

Thanks again.

3 Likes