Thank you Abhishek!

My friends,
Please allow me to share this personal post.

Today I saw an icon of a piece of cake next to my name and I didn’t know what it was:

I thought I had made a mistake when I entered my date of birth, and when I changed it, I realized that it was because I had registered on the forum five years ago today.

I’ve had a lot of good times here, because whether we like it or not, it takes “a lot” of our time to become regular users, and I’ve also had times that I want to forget, which made me move away from the forum, but there’s always something that remains and that we miss: the friends I’ve made here and the mutual help that is unique to the it’s FOSS forum.

Thanks to my friend Howard, @easyt50, who I’m very grateful to for convincing me to come back to the forum, I’ve reconnected with other fellow users again and, as far as I can, I’m trying to help the community. However, none of this would have existed if I hadn’t received an invitation 5 years ago…

Thank you Abhishek for the invitation you sent to be part of It’s FOSS.
The piece of cake is yours, my friend!

8 Likes

That tiny piece of cake is to celebrate your ‘cake day’. Unlike the birthdays, the cake day is to celebrate anniversaries of forum joining date. I think Reddit started this trend.

And thank you for being an integral part of It’s FOSS community for so many years :pray: Even I did not realize that this Community forum is more than five years old.

Cheers to that :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes