This website may not be the place for this (Free Speech and Censorship)

Agreed. But there’s a difference between being a troll (aka irritant) and being a more abrasive type person. :wink:

1 Like

To Clarify things Gentlemen.

Cliff messaged earlier today about my decision to delete my account. A gentleman I respect.

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for kind words.

After I left Facebook, I vowed to never get embroiled with American cultural ideals again, it had proved to be very corrosive, with ill formed facts or blatant lies, past as fact.

I did read your Constitution, several tracts and high end pamphlets pertaining to your gun laws, which even baffles me now. I saw the original logic, but why a civilised nation with the most powerful equipped armed services, requires them now. Nor your alphabet Law enforcement system.

On principle, I could not agree with Akito, but he may have learnt a lesson, by my sudden non negotiable position, will prepare for this difficult learning curve.

I concluded with some gentlemen during my understanding process, some Americans view their AR15 as a tool similar to a contraceptive. They might have to shoot my load.

Regards Antz.

Thank you for your support, I have requested the admins of this site to delete all my posts and my account. Good Bye and may your God be with you.

Regards mack.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to see you go. If you ever decide to come back, I will welcome you with a soft heart.

2 Likes

This forum is indeed not a place for “Free speech and Censorship”.

The sole idea of this community forum is to help other Linux users with their problem and questions. Discussing topics related to Linux and Open Source is also welcomed. Discussions other than Linux and open source should not take place.

I (and I guess many other members) would like this to be a welcoming place for everyone, even for someone who has no idea about Linux. You see something that may seem silly to you and you may think why someone asked this simple question. Instead of raging out and rebuking the person, ignore the topic. You don’t have to indulge in all the discussions and topics. If someone is being a jerk, let the mods know.

Forums are like real life. Take part in the discussion that interests you, don’t say things that might offend someone else (happens more often if you are in a multi-cultural environment). Someone being a jerk, call the authorities.

I know that doesn’t happen 100% of the time but this mostly avoid possible conflicts.

Moderating a community is one of the most difficult job because keeping everyone happy is an impossible task. Moderators are human and the judgement may not always be fair and might not seem fair if it is against you.

I am going to close this topic now not because I am trying to curb your freedom of expression but because I think the discussion won’t reach a logical conclusion. Instead, it might create more conflicts.

At the same time, I am going to (try and) implement a few things in the forum:

• Ability to ignore/block another member
  • Ability to stop seeing a certain topic
  • Ability to not receive notification about a topic you want to ignore
4 Likes

Thank you I am sure that most here will agree with you. Those of us asked to Moderate don’t want to censor anyone just avoid conflicts so the community remains healthy and welcoming for all.

1 Like