Timeshift in Linux Mint 18.3

df -h | grep sd

will show you drive space usage. mine looks like this:

$ df -h | grep sd
filesystem size used avail use%
/dev/sda5 46G 9.4G 35G 22% /
/dev/sdb1 916G 55G 816G 7% /media/timeshift
/dev/sda1 45G 11G 33G 25% /media/bodhi5.0

i added the column titles/descriptions in case that helps.

2 Likes

That’s much easier than using properties on computer.
I get this
peter@peter-T-6321 ~ $ df -h | grep sd
/dev/sda5 271G 69G 189G 27% /
/dev/sdb1 484M 319M 166M 66% /media/peter/disk

The Win 10 installation is corrupt and won’t mount, I’ll pull the hard drive sometime and mount it on desktop read only then see if I can pull all the personal stuff off it. I know how much I hate Windows, 35+ years and Microsoft still can’t fix it. They just add another few million lines of code ‘papering over the cracks’
Oh, almost forgot, I didn’t have a clue that first snapshot would take time, I probably have way too many tabs open plus other stuff so it will probably take a fair bit more than 5 minutes :wink:
I can hear the fan running flat out so I know CPU is ‘busy’

The first one always takes more time the subsequential ones only build from that locking in any changes made from the first one. This is why you always do it first after installing so that if need be you can return to original virgin state after the install was done

2 Likes

added bonus, this thread helped me figure out how to install timeshift in antiX 17.4.1 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

AS THIS IS A DISCUSSION NOT A QUESTION MAYBE WE SHOULD MARK IT SOLVED? Sorry for all caps, didn’t notice, still look at keyboard instead of screen when typing then use auto check for spelling corrections :wink:

1 Like