Ubuntu upgrade issue

I had had a hassle-free experience of using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) ever since its launch.

However, I chose to switch over from Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS (Focal Fossa) by upgrading to Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish) today with the Software Updater and got stuck. After the system got upgraded, it is failing to reboot.

It is throwing up the error: " [ 66.733698] hdaudio hdaudioCOD3: Unable to configure, disabling" and the cursor is stuck"with the black screen.

How do I resolve the problem?

Hello
@anman49

Does this work ?,

Regards
artytux

1 Like

I’d do a clean install to 22.10 after backing up my data.

1 Like

Hey

NOO00oo Have some fun first and try the suggestions in link.
If you don’t break things you will never learn how to fix things.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

and then

Blockquote berninghausen

I’d do a clean install to 22.10 after backing up my data.

After all it’s Linux :yum:
Enjoy

Regards
artytux

You meant actually 22.04, or recommended a short-term supported development release on purpose?

1 Like

Hi!

unquote:
I am more than sure to mess up the system, particularly the "Cleaning of the (considerable) Content - after “Depends” as suggested in the var/lib/dpkg/status file, in the risky solution offered by w. thalib’s link; hence, looking for safe and better troubleshooting options. Thanks for your support, however. Regards
anman49

1 Like

I love that.
But do it somewhere that is not vital.
And do a backup first.

@nevj

mm OK BUT when it’s vital that’s when you dig deep into the well of knowledge

stuff it up or fix it up meh

OK then re-install and do things smarter the next time because you know more now.

The more I read the smarter I gets. :rofl:

And
Thank You
artytux

2 Likes

:rofl: When I first went to Linux Mint, I believe I re-installed Mint a dozen times over the course of 2 months.

1 Like

I change distros so often that LTS is measured in weeks, not months or years. I meant the newest version and I might install a different one in an hour. The most important thing I said is back up the data.

1 Like

Uh, remember: Googl… uh, DUCKDUCKGO is your friend!
So have you tried perusing the following?
duckduckBBQ
The other folks who have already replied here probably have!

1 Like

That is always a parallel exercise and I’m at it, while waiting for suggestions from experts!