Unabel to access "128 GB Volume"

Operating on ubuntu 16.04. Unable to load my mavic mini micro 128 G sd to my computer. I’ve tried recommended solutions. This is my last result:

wbooth2@wbooth2-desktop:~$ sudo apt install exfat-fuse exfat-utils
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
You might want to run ‘apt --fix-broken install’ to correct these.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libpython2.7 : Depends: libpython2.7-stdlib (= 2.7.17-1~18.04) but 2.7.17-1~18.04ubuntu1 is to be installed
libpython2.7-stdlib : Depends: libpython2.7-minimal (= 2.7.17-1~18.04ubuntu1) but 2.7.15-4ubuntu4~18.04.2 is to be installed
python2.7 : Depends: python2.7-minimal (= 2.7.17-1~18.04) but 2.7.15-4ubuntu4~18.04.2 is to be installed
Depends: libpython2.7-stdlib (= 2.7.17-1~18.04) but 2.7.17-1~18.04ubuntu1 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try ‘apt --fix-broken install’ with no packages (or specify a solution).
wbooth2@wbooth2-desktop:~$ ^C
wbooth2@wbooth2-desktop:~$ apt --fix-broken install
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?
wbooth2@wbooth2-desktop:~$

Please help.

apt has to be run with sudo like you did with the first command.

do you know what filesystem the sd card was created with?

3 Likes

Like what?

3 Likes

I do not know the codes. I do not know what a root is. The sd micro card was formated with DJI Mavic Mini drone. My computer reades the disk as 128 GB but sends a message stating: Unable to access “128 GB Volume” and Error mounting/dev/sdc1 at/media/whooth2/3435-3234: unknown filesystem type 'exfat’

1 Like

I loaded apt=get and ** sudo add-apt-repository universe**

which codes are you referring to?

this part was very helpful. thank you for including that :slight_smile:

i’m not sure what that means. i assume you mean apt-get. i’m not trying to be pedantic or nitpick your response. when you share commands and output from the terminal, it helps if you can copy and paste from the terminal like you did in your first post to see what the exact command was in relation to what happened after you used it.

i’m not sure what this is in reference to. if you could give a bit more description of why you used that command and what you wanted it to accomplish, that might prove helpful.

did you ever try running:
sudo apt --fix-broken install
?

4 Likes