Update Kernel from 4.x to 5.x

Does anyone have a method to update the Linux kernel for Mint 4.15 to Linux kernel 5.? I tried the FOSS Utube method for Ubuntu on my VBox version of Mint 4.15 but it doesn’t recognize the command

I solved my issue. I use a Nvidia card and the Nvidia drivers. I removed the xserver portion of the command and everything went as planned. I now have kernel 5.* on Linux Mint. using the command sudo apt install --install-recommends linux-generic-hwe-18.04

2 Likes

you can also use ukuu for upgrading kernel

my term says no such command

@xleland

1. It is not installed by default.
  2. The source code is not available anymore and therefore all consequential binaries are removed from all current repositories.

Which means: you cannot just download it anymore. I heard it is now paid.

Just went to the ppa and found it. I got it to work the second try. Didn’t have to pay. Maybe the coder left the door open. I tried the donate button and it wouldn’t work.

1 Like

looks like older versions are still in the ppa (and here) and there is a newer version which is paid and has more features.

I will get the updated version for $12.00. I don’t really need it because the older version worked just fine. But he did a good job and he should be rewarded.

1 Like