Warnings while updating

I guess I am a perpetual newbie. Always have more questions than answers.
So here it is:
I got this when updating Firefox in Manjaro. As soon as I saw the warnings listed below the process of downloading started. Should I be doing something about this?
Warning: lib32-systemd: local (239.303-1) is newer than multilib (239.6-2)
Warning: libsystemd: local (239.303-1) is newer than core (239.6-2)
Warning: systemd: local (239.303-1) is newer than core (239.6-2)
Warning: systemd-sysvcompat: local (239.303-1) is newer than core (239.6-2)
Warning: zeitgeist: local (1.0+1+g1bcc8585-1) is newer than extra (1.0.1-1)

I am using Manjaro Cinnamon.

There are always warnings like this so you know what is happening. Before you do any updates that you’re not sure about always back up or do a timeshift so if there are problems you can go back to the previous state. Most updates don’t break your system and the only time you really need to be cautious is with Kernel updates or if doing a complete upgrade.

Thanks, that is a relief. I was only updating Firefox at this time so I assume all is OK.
Blessings,
Glen

glen

This was a recent concern of mine as well and from many searches this is what I learned. This information is in addition to the info provided by @ElectricDandySlider .I am paraphrasing but I hope this helps.

The warning is mainly for information, and is providing information for the repo’s (sources) that are providing the files (packages). Depending on how your system is configured, the repositories that it pulls from may not have all of the latest updates every time you install and/or update an item.

Using just one of the lines from your example it reads:

Warning: systemd: local (239.303-1) is newer than core (239.6-2)

This is indicating that the version systemd on your computer (local) is newer than the version on the repository that your computer is currently syncing with. You can downgrade, but as
@ElectricDandySlider you should be fine.

If you are interested in specific information on this you might check the following link: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/best-pactice-for-warning-local-is-newer-than-community/11987/4

It is from 2016, but the info is relevant.

I hope this information helps.