What is Disqus and how is it on Handbook?

It’s FOSS News Comment Policy

We welcome relevant (stay on topic), respectful comments. Comments with links require approval before being published.

Commentor2 days ago edited

Don’t understand your question completely.

Disqus is a commenting platform. It is used of the news.itsfoss.com website because it is AMP-first website and Disqus is one of the rare few commenting platforms that supports AMP.

On (Linux) Handbook, there is a separate, native Ghost commenting system called Cove.

2 Likes

Hi; It’s the newbie again :brain: :exploding_head:. Thanks for responding and I do apologize for not being able to express questions with clarity.

1. The reason I question "Disqus; I attempted to make a comment on one of your articles, only to find; I had to “join”, yet another group. I had never heard of Disqus.

2. I no sooner signed into Disqus, (to make a comment), when I found; I already had a “follower”! The profile photo and profile description were quite vulgar, to my way of living and I never expected this kind of thing.

Thus; my need to find out what Disqus was/is, questioning; who might be member and what more might I encounter in the future! (Feeling I had made another mistake).

I hope you understand…learning Linux is a slow process for me and having made so many PC mistakes in the trial and error of Ubuntu; it is intimidating to see things I know nothing of, especially when I attempt to be apart of a forum, from which I can learn.

Thank You Again,
JAnne