What's you favorite wallpaper source?

Nice big family you’ve got! Do you have to buy Christmas presents to everybody?

My next brother died (brain cancer) 8 years ago (i.e the colour blind one)

Other brother, sister and mum live 3000 km away (in Melbourne - I’m in Perth)… another sister lives in the UK… Dad passed on (nearly 20 years ago)… inlaws have passed on…

So - no - I just buy pressies for my missus and two adult daughters :smiley:

Note also : YES my parents were Catholics :smiley: - thus no “birth control” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry for your losses. Merry Christmas to all of you. :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Catholic here too. My dad had 14 kids in his family. Seven boys and seven girls, no twins. My family has 9 kids. Seven boys and two girls, one set of twin boys. I only have two 2 kids myself.

It’s hard to imagine trying to raise a large family these days, but impossible for me to imagine growing up any other way. We had a baseball team with just our family. :smiley:

1 Like

A bit off track here…
But, back in 2002, while Pope JPII was in Toronto, a family with 10 kids saw their barn go up in flames.
Fortunately, their 56 cows were out in the field at the time!
Also, their neighbor, had an empty barn with just that amount of room for them!
Talk about Providence!
Also, with their insurance, they were able to build a new, more modern barn.
That’s what i call a “homer”! :wink:

I got diagnosed as being coloured blind, all because I could not see the path in those coloured books. Though they never showed me the answer as to where the path was on that page, so to this day left me wondering, if there was a path at all? Yet in the other pages I could follow the path. I remeber remember (remeber was a word I used when I could not pronounce remember or words with two of the same letter in, or is it just making excuses for silly spelling mistakes? I let you decide) the book being absolutely massive, girt, ginormous, very big, big, giant sized. Was that because I was small in stature at the age of eight? I don’t know, but deciding that I am coloured blind through getting one page wrong is strict in my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah Manjaro’s is darker, more like grass green. Mate and Mint’s is too piercing, though Linux Mint has turned blue now in their Ubuntu 22.04.1 release called Vera.

I wasn’t officially diagnosed till 11 or 12… During one of those hideous HUMILIATING annual health checkups - sorta like those scenes in movies where army recruits are stripped to their underwear in a massive room… What MORON thought it would be a good idea to humiliate children like that? i.e. have them ALL strip naked en masse? Barbaric! Sadistic!

Anyway it’s a book with numbers in it - if you’re normal vision, you can see ALL the numbers, but on some patches it was just blotches of dots and I didn’t see any numbers. The test, and the book, is named after some Japanese dude (can’t remember his name).

Anyway it made sense, sorta, kinda, as 4-5 years earlier, I’d got cane across each hand for using a green pencil to colour in people’s skin from my nun teacher - she was a Nazi penguin bitch… Hmmm, I like and use Linux, but I’ve always had an aversion to Tux the mascot, maybe related to my fear and loathing of penguins and nuns? :slight_smile:

Anyway - that same checkup also pickup my next brother being red green colour blind, but the next brother on isn’t colour blind…

Speaking of colors (or is that colours?)…

Nice repertoire of wallpapers here:
https://wallpapercave.com

I use wallhaven.cc and I love it, it’s nice and enough for me.

1 Like

Welcome @yvoictra ,
That is a good site. A million wallpapers is more than I need too.
Regards
Neville

1 Like

@clatterfordslim and anyone else who enjoys good artwork

Finally found the artist in my collection of wallpapers that might inspire you and he was in the old Manjaro forum
Goes by the name ‘sgs’

and

Hope you enjoy
artytux

1 Like

There are thousands of high quality wallpapers, but still for the last years Xubuntu own wallpaper fit me the most: quiet and relaxing for the eyes. Last months I use these one:

The back ground is much darker than showing here.

2 Likes

I generally use Pixabay, Pexels, and Unsplash as they provide HQ wallpapers.

Just for info : My favourite wallpaper source is Variety providing optimal freedom to auto run wallpapers , if wanted changing every 5 minutes.
sudo apt install variety

Frank (wicklowham)

The artist page , on right hand side when opened an image , open link new tab,
you’ll work it out.

https://www.artstation.com/?sort_by=community&dimension=all

Artist search = jomar-machado = Vehicles with a difference