Where is GNOME Extensions app in Ubuntu 20.04?

Hey, @abhishek, don’t know if this is the right thread to ask, but anyway:
I can’t find the mentioned feature “Extensions” to disable the dock entirely.
And when I test your setting with “htop”, there is only the “normal” hint to install it via apt install htop no snap in sight…
Maybe it’s because I use the german version?
I haven’t found this when booting live, nor when Focal Fossa is installed.
Am I missing something?
Do I have to install something in addition (e.g. Gnome-Tweaks)?

I’m preparing a presentation for our monthly community meeting and wanted to show some new Ubuntu features / novelties.

Greetings
Fast Edi

1 Like

Hello Edi,

I opened your questions in a new thread.

You may use the following command to install it manually:

sudo apt install gnome-shell-extension-prefs

Cannot comment on that and that’s trivial so there is no need to worry about it a lot.

Nice. Good luck for that. Let me know if we at It’s FOSS could help you with that.

Regards,

Hi, and thanks for the answers and the splitting…

I’ll try this. By reading your review I was expecting that this feature is already pre-installed.

OK. I, too, don’t think of it as a big deal, but it would be worth mentioning in my presentation.

Update / Solution on this…

I dunno why, but all of a sudden the “quest for snap” is there. Didn’t do anything specific, just tried it again today and there it was. Strange.

Did this, and now I’m set.
Maybe you should mention in your revue, that this has to be installed seperatly.
Thanks for your help.

I’ve already got “gnome-shell-extension-prefs” installed - and I didn’t install it manually - I’m gonna assuming “gnome-tweaks” already installed it…

Hmmm. Really interesting. I’ll try it again with a spare machine in the next days…