Which kde plasma desktop is better Fedora kde or kubuntu?

Hi, my name is Akash Biswas and I am from India, Work as linux system admin. I am a hardcore user of Linux. I have been a user of kubuntu for many years, you can say kde desktop is my love. But since many days I have seen the development of Fedora very well and as a kde lover my attention went to kde flavor of fedora. So my question is, can we get such benefit in Kde flavor of fedora which is different from kubuntu flavour of ubuntu?

1 Like

I’ve been quite happy with KDE Neon, although you can equip almost any distro with the KDE desktop if you like. Linux is all about choice.

1 Like

thanks for the reply, you are right i can choose any kde distro , but I try to know specifically about fedora kde. about its performance , new features, support like stuff which I didn’t get in kubuntu. Because every distro have same flavor but also have it’s own special abilities

Most distros modify a generic desktop like kde , so that it matches their distro theme.
The changes they make are not substantial, and can usually be reversed if you want.
I dont have fedora, so I can not comment on their version of kde
if you want to see what generic kde looks like, install it in Gentoo.

1 Like

My distro choice tends to be limited to those following the .deb convention as opposed to the .rpm convention. My old Canon printer driver works best when I can use dpkg to install it.

Same here with my Brother printer driver

It is possible to unpick a .deb package and install it by hand in another non-debian distro, but it is a lot of work. I did it in Void

I very happy for your precious reply on post.

1 Like