Who needs privacy. Right?

@ute, you definitely don’t need to feel any kind of guilt. Your replies were always on topic and respectful in tone.

3 Likes

Not by us plebes, it seems. Only the quoted sections included in others’ posts are visible. Attempting to expand any of those quotes into the full post just replaces the entire text with a :wastebasket: (trash icon; but more like a typographic glyph than the emoji shown here).

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m not exactly drowning in FOMO here. Just reporting the facts. I’m sure I’ll get by, without the full context.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that.

It happens very rarely that a user wants their account completely deleted. After all, if you don’t want to participate in the forum any more, you can just refrain from doing so.

Makes me think, the user in question just was either looking for full support of his position or hard opposition in order to create beef. A rational discussion wasn’t apparently his intention.

2 Likes

That much seems clear.

One of Wikipedia’s policies regarding editorial conduct is called WP:NOTHERE, which is the admission that some people are just clearly “Not here to build an encyclopedia”. In which case there’s no point in indulging them or tolerating much problematic behavior from them; it only wastes everyone’s time on both sides.

1 Like

No, it was a self-appointed hero, trying to make themselves feel like they are better and more moral than everyone else. I think, one might call it the Leftist-Syndrome, to be provocative. The cliché (#notall) stereotype (#notall) leftist (#notall) is trying to help everyone on the world and make it better for everyone, at least that’s what they try to make people think of them. In reality, many of them (#notall) are the most selfish people you can meet. :thinking:

#notall !

Seriously though, they are usually close to narcissism or even right in it. I’ve even met a couple people like that myself, in my personal life.

1 Like

That’s actually pretty ironic. There are actually a couple of scandals involving Wikipedia veteran no-lifers, doing several THOUSANDS of edits each month, basically controlling the Wikipedia version for their respective language with the intention to do everything but provide users and casual readers with facts.

One of the most famous cases is Jörg Matthias Claudius Grünewald. One guy on a mission to discredit people who have their own Wikipedia page. Of course, he only discredits whoever he doesn’t like.

People like him literally spread fake news about others on Wikipedia, which is considered an encyclopedia by most of its readers, just because it does not fit in his extreme world view.

Well, that’s another story for sure. I just wanted to point out the irony. :smiley:

2 Likes

@Akito
The fact is that the Google knows more than our parents .
Meaning the Google has more information and knows about us in detail .
Reality is
And we we don’t check what information we are providing to application service we are using
What we do ??
Whatever permissions they ask whether unnecessary We tap

Yes Yes Yes Yes and then finish .
And blindly give out data without knowing .
Some people say What will they do of our data .
But if I talk about privacy its important to understand that our Data is the new fuel in todays generation .
Whatever information we give is sold out to someone else and for those companies who are selling it its like Gold ,Silver ,Diamond for them

Please, do not count me in that crowd of mindless zombies. :wink:

3 Likes