Wifi networks issue

Sorry, I accidentally put a dash in the systemctl command.

However, if you can’t even get internet over a network cable, you should consider backing up your data and reinstalling your OS…

2 Likes

Kindly check once please…
That’s what I am getting…

Edit:- kindly reply as soon as possible please

I can assure you this won’t get solved magically soon. You need time and patience to fix this.

1 Like

Sir I am trying from 2 days to solve it…

Ohk sir thank you so much I will try to reinstall the os and I will try again installing the driver which one member here suggested me.

Thank you so much to all of you who tried to help…

vansha_chhabra i had same issues i followed this guide and it worked for me my card was realtek rtw_8822be for which ubuntu didn’t have drivers

so i went to this github account found my drivers and followed the instruction’s but they might not work from hibernation due to they don’t support power saving
1 Like

Ohk sir I will try that…
Thank you sir

Hello friends…
Kindly read carefully …

Now I am reinstalling my os again because the driver iwfinger had wasn’t worked so now I found another driver According to me it will work here is a link of it kindly please guide me how to install it.

Kindly explain me. how I can install it …I tried but I can’t able to so if anyone know kindly please reply…

Thank you so much in advance
Kindly reply as soon as possible :pray:

Error that i am getting while installing
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-42-generic’
install -p -m 644 8188eu.ko /lib/modules/5.4.0-42-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
install: cannot create regular file ‘/lib/modules/5.4.0-42-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8188eu.ko’: Permission denied
make: *** [Makefile:2065: install] Error 1
```

Try using sudo when running make install. That said, you really need to learn more about Linux, before proceeding with such operations.

I tried that too but didn’t worked

my kernel version :-5.4.0-42-generic
driver that i got in cd with it =RTL8188EUS_linux_v4.1.4_6773.20130222
my usb adapter

My adaptor link:-

This error suggests three possible reasons:

1. The module, you are trying to create, already exists and is write-protected. However, as @Akito suggested, executing sudo make install should fix that.
  2. The module is already in use by a kernel process and cannot be deleted. You can try to execute sudo make uninstall before sudo make install. If this doesn’t work, the command dkms should give you information about the installed drivers. sudo dkms uninstall DRIVERNAME should then do the job.
  3. The path, where the module is supposed to be installed to, doesn’t exist and the install routine didn’t create the proper subdirectories (people are lazy, sometimes). Check if the directory /lib/modules/5.4.0-42-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless exists. If not, create it.
1 Like

Thank you very much for kind reply I will check …

Thank you so much to everyone who helped me…
:hugs:

Here is a link of driver that worked for me

*First i installed this-*https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8188eus

Then thishttps://github.com/corneal64/Realtek-USB-Wireless-Adapter-Drivers

and it worked for me… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like