Will this work for Arch based distros using Calamares installer?

Can I use this tutorial if I wanna replace my Ubuntu based distro with an Arch based distro using Calamares installer?

I briefly skimmed through the tutorial. Seems to show the right things. It’s also written by @abhishek, so I doubt there could go much wrong.

2 Likes

Are you sure? A confirmation from @abhishek would be much appreciated

Writing and posting the article is already enough confirmation. I do not think, every single reader of the thousands available, is entitled to a manual confirmation for each article, that has ever been written.

1 Like

But did he mention that this case works in the article?

It should work. I think I mentioned it in the tutorial as well. If you replace the home directory, it will be even smooth.

However, keep in mind that different distributions behave differently. If for some reasons, Arch doesn’t see your ESP partition or something like that, you’ll have a boot issue. In that case, you should be prepared to put extra effort in troubleshooting.

2 Likes

tysm man, I’m installing endeavour OS switching from mint, will ask if something goes wrong

1 Like

Just mount the correct partitions to install the endeavour OS, in the install and it would be a good
idea to save your data files. I just keep a linux data folder on my Windows 10, so I can replace the
files into whatever Linux I am running. It would also be a good idea to run the endeavour OS in
a VM before committing to a HD install, if your machine can handle VirtualBox installed in Windows.
Or use Gnome Boxes if you are running Mint.

1 Like

thanks for the advice, i’ll try so