Windows 10 boot option missing in grub after upgrading to Ubuntu 22.04 developer version

Windows 10 boot option missing in grub after upgrading to Ubuntu 22.04 developer version.

Good to know. Thanks. :+1:

2 Likes

Why have you installed the 22.04 developer version? There is bound to be bugs and goodness knows what else? If you want to try out a developer version or nightly or daily build of any Linux OS, then you should never ever use it as a daily drive, especially dual booting it with Windows 10. Instead use a virtual machine, like VirtualBox.

1 Like

Try to resolve it. Or Shall I wait till April 2022 for Release version?

Thanks (ಧನ್ಯವಾದಗಳು) Khnome. It solved my problem. ನನ್ನ ಸಮಸ್ಯೆ ಪರಿಹಾರವಾಯ್ತು.

@AnanthaKrishna
#1 Make sure os-prober is installed (sudo apt install os-prober)
#2 edit grub use sudo nano /etc/default/grub

#3 This line is sometimes commented out (GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false)

false will enable os-prober, true will disable os-prober

2 Likes

ok. ಆಯ್ತು. Thanks. ಧನ್ಯವಾದಗಳು.

I’d wait for full release, but even then it’ll still be full of bugs. The problem I find with Canonical is they keep releasing unfinished stuff on release day, with things not working properly out of the box. 20.04 at least has been released long enough for all known bugs to be ironed out. So in my opinion to be safe, as 22.04 is still in development, install 20.04.

See the solution above. It worked for me.

@4dandl4 @AnanthaKrishna

yes os-prober is needed. You can execute it on its own, or if you do ‘update-grub’ that will execute os-prober
I usually have to do ‘update-grub’ in the newly installed Linux in order to configure it to find all the operating systems present on the disks.
Neville