Yaru : Download + .themes folder

I got used to download the file from Github and using them through Home>.themes folder. Can we do the same with Yaru and still get every part of it ?

I am using 18.04.

this looks like it might be helpful:

1 Like

This one did show up on my Google search. I am trying to download necessary files and use them through home/.themes folder. It is much easier to play with that. Any idea how to do it ?

unfortunately i am not personally very familiar with regular ubuntu and don’t tend to change or even install themes very often. @abhishek often has good insights into the inner workings of ubuntu. that’s his article i linked above :slight_smile:

i could try loading up a live usb to see what i can see, but i need a little more information. are you using regular ubuntu with gnome? can you provide a link to where you are trying to download the files from?

2 Likes

Thanks for the effort. Here is their repo

Normally with other themes, we can download required files from Github and put theme in home/.themes folder and then activate the theme through Gnome Tweak Tool.

1 Like

In case you need to know things in detail:

2 Likes

I asked the maintainer about it. I had to build from the repo and then use the components from usr/…/themes. I need to isolate shell theme components now.