Dropping Google? What are your (and my) options?

Remember the last website you registered for with that e-mail address. Most likely this website is sharing your address with third parties on purpose or maybe even without consent.

1 Like

Glad you liked!
I’ve updated my post with Links and new apps/services, so check it out again! :wink:
Benny.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the links! It must have taken you a day to amass such a list.

I normally use Mailinator to sign up and test when I discover a new service. Mailinator is a disposable and ready to use Anti-spam email service. I normally use “BennyNameOfTheSiteImTesting @ mailinator.net” (in case the @ mailinator.com is rejected by the Website where I try to sign up; here are a list of alternate domains that point to Mailinator). A few days later if my Antispam test email account is clean, then I replace the fake email address by real one. Other alternatives are 10MinuteMail, DropMail, GuerrillaMail, MailDrop, Nada, SpamGourmet

2 Likes

You’re Welcome! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:

1 Like

Clean method, indeed. But Protonmail appears like a wonder. Since creating my web service related Protonmail address, in all this time I never really got any real spam mails. The only “spam” I got is from legit sites with legit e-mails, but sending their updates way too often. I don’t know how Protonmail is doing that but they are doing an absolutely fantastic job.

No I do not use any social media as I have never trusted it. I have been using gmail for years without problem and it is only recently that this is happening. Not a problem as I just delete them but it is annoying. I do buy books and CDs on line but have never had any issues there

1 Like

I have been using Zoho for mail but also for docs, sheets etc.
Works great for me.

Just bump into https://app.graphitedocs.com (from IRL Mozzila podcast), its decentralized encrypted alternative of Google Docs (the autor originally used Google docs too and was searching an alternative).

1 Like

We live in a very weird and wonderful conundrum, where Google is used world wide. Even to the point they control the engines used to browse, no matter what search engine you’re using, some where inside is Google, possibly at the helm of it all. I no longer use Chrome, or Chromium, cause of the tiresome deleting history at the end of each session, plus why be logged in all the time? They’ll get your info from your IP Address, if you use a VPN they’ll probably find a way, to prove that your using a VPN anyway and trace it back to your original IP Address. I love Firefox cause you can activate Never Remember History and it doesn’t remember a God damn thing.

I still use Google, as does ninety five percent of the world, just that I have nothing to hide, when it comes to privacy, sell my surfing as adverts if you want to, got no qualms about that, what I don’t like is what Google has done to YouTube, after removing Google+ which goes next month 2nd April 2019, YouTube has began to decline, in quality. So you have moved away from Google, I cannot think of anything that is remotely working as a replacement for Google Docs, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Translate. Why exactly do you need replacements? Google Maps, Gmail and now and again Translate, I have never used Docs. Are you fed up with Google altogether?

1 Like

Google is in bed with governments, so big that it reaches into our personal lives. And they are beginning to side with the government against the people who make Google so big. They are biting the hand that feeds them! For that, they should get bigger? I say break them up!

5 Likes

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.

Henry Ford
5 Likes

Blockquote

Blockquote

Twitch might server your purpose
There are several other providers but i guess twitch would best suit you seeing at your requirements

1 Like

I have quit Google many years ago… it was android < 4.0 the first time that I root (and delete or disable all google’s apks)… I missed nothing… The first replacement was to use yandex as backup if i needed something, today i dont use even yandex except for 2 secondary email addresses (I use one primary and a lot secondaries for registrations/testing purposes).
Finally, I got an old thinkpad (X230), i put xubuntu and nextcloud with apache… a dns free address from router’s maker. That was all…
Everything else was written by @BennyBeat :slight_smile:

Block google analytics with privacy badger; If your are badass guy, use google addresses at /etc/hosts to redirect to your localhost :smiley:

3 Likes

thank you for the additional list of temporary email services. a few of the ones i looked into initially (guerilla and spamgourmet among them) weren’t taking new users. finally found one i could use on your list :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have been using k-9 for about a year now and enjoy it. to clarify, it is an email client that downloads your mail from other services. it doesn’t provide with an email address :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you finally found something interesting in the list! :wink:

1 Like

Sadly, that will never happen. It will be the opposite.

4 Likes

I must agree with Akito

3 Likes