Error message after Zorin OS 16 install from USB

Hi, I am new to Linux/Zorin OS and get the following error each time I start my laptop

Laptop in an Acer Aspire E11

When I click ok I get this next

and pressing enter loads the Zorin OS.

Any idea how I can stop the sequence and just get a simple load of the OS?

Boot mode is set as

TomH

1 Like

during secure boot boot mode, did you try option 2?

I did indeed, its how Zorin was installed.
Zorin OS 16 was downloaded from their site and flashed onto a USB using Rufus. The USB was then used to load the OS onto the Acer . At the end OS install there was an instruction to remove the USB before rebooting to complete the install.
Hope that makes sense

TomH

1 Like

can you get into the bios?
can you set the wdc as default in bios?

That is the current Bios settings in the third image.

1 Like

When you installed Zorin OS, did you specify UEFI support in the bootloader?

OH! Did you try to set option 8 as default or number one

The WDC is currently 1st in the boot order. As a newbie the whole Bios bit freaks me out but I will set EFI File Boot 1 as the first item in the list and see if that helps… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Let us know if it works

Well it was worth a try but neither EF1 set as 1st or EF0 1st, EF1 2nd and WDC as 3rd made the slightest difference. Still got the same messages.
I can live with it, its just annoying as the device I end up selecting was the 1st device in the boot sequence anyway. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 Like

Well, the question remains, did you specify UEFI during the Zorin OS install?

I did. There was a very nice video on Youtube that went through the download / flash to usb / boot from usb sequence. But the Zorin OS wasnt 16 though. It was 15 I think

1 Like

Did you replace Windows or install Zorin Next to Windows?

It was a complete erase of the hard drive, so a removal of windows and an install of Zorin OS 16. No dual boot

1 Like

Try resetting bois to default (Everything), then erasing the hard drive again and re-installing Zorin?

When booting off of USB, there might be a UEFI USB boot menu. Look for it.

In the Bios on the Acer there are only 2 usb settings. When I attach a USB in a port it shows in the Bios as USB HDD: Kingston so I know which device to move to position .1

I will have to decide whether to live with the inconvenience or, as you suggest, Bios reset and a reinstall…

1 Like

I’ll be here for the next hour or two.

1 Like