F'ing wifi again - PITA (the acronym not the unleavened bread!)

There is a list of trusted devices somewhere?
If the device is not trusted it will forget the pairing.

Note : after an update (two actually) and a reboot - ThinkPad is now >able< to pair, and unpair this Sennheiser LE-HD 4588T Bluetooh headset on demand…

e.g.
pair it - bang!
unpair (disconnect)
pair onto one of my MacBooks or Linux desktop : bang!
unpair (disconnect)
pair it on the Thinkpad again - bang!

1 Like

Ordered about 10 days ago (payday) from Amazon, arrived today :

Tribit : " Tribit Stormbox Micro 2" : bluetooth speaker… **

It pairs STRAIGHT away to my Android and my Ubuntu 23.04 ThinkPad… stays paired… don’t even have to disconnect (so it’s even better than my Sennheiser BT headset).

Out on my front porch right now with a glass of red (2nd one) got the bass cranked up and listening to the Sleaford Mods (out of Sleaford in the Midlands UK) playing in the BEST EVER Audio player - Sayonara (Linux ONLY, but I wish it was available on MacOS). Hey I’m allowed beer o’clock redwine midweek - clocked onto the man’s timekeeping “thing” (i.e. went online in MS Teams) at 6:00 am…

I love plug and play…

** planning on ordering another identical one next payday - they can be paired up to one another into “party mode” or stereo! The sound (especially the bass) is awesome already with only one speaker… And I can strap it onto my e-scooter when I’m out and about (bit wet and cold here right now - but I went for a good long ride this morning - unfortunately before the new speaker was delivered)…

Oh - and the “-” “O” “+” buttons on the speaker work on Linux too (in Sayonara player).

My son has a JBL Flip3 Bluetooth speaker. I was totally shocked at the sound quality, especially the bass from such a small device.

Here’s a link to the newest version of that: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jbl-flip6-portable-waterproof-speaker-black/6488911.p?skuId=6488911

This one is black but it’s availble in black, teal, blue, grey, and red.

1 Like

Ended up costing me nothing too - left a lousy review on Amazon for the product (because it would take too long to pair to my phone) and Jeff Bezos personally (sic) refunded me the price and let me keep it!

Still haven’t gotten around to getting a 2nd one yet…

Anyway - couldn’t find a thread that covered my experiences with Pop!_OS so resurrecting this one…

I’ve just done this TWICE :

Installed Pop!_OS as a guest in VirtualBox (hosted on Pop!_OS) and updated to kernel 6.6.6 (so I could freeze at least one Linux running 6.6.6).

Anwyay : GUI fails to load - very similar to my desktop machine (I have disabled GDM and I login to console and run startx). It loaded BEFORE the update. When it happened the first time - I deleted the VM and started again - only to REPEAT the EXACT same thing…

What’s different : I have disabled GDM, and I can login via console (and I installed openssh-server so I can remote as well) and get my shell prompt - but - running startx NEVER loads the GUI - just a black screen… I think it’s probably something to do with VirtualBox virtual GPU (seeing lotsa VMWGFX messages on console).

Because it’s problematic, and I hate using the VGA text console I added this to the end of /etc/issue :

IPV4 \4{enp0s3}

so I see this on the VirtualBox “console” :
Screenshot from 2023-12-29 12-08-24

Tried installing the VirtualBox guest additions, but it barfed on something or other…

It’s not a big issue - I’m not going to be using this VM for anything …

Anyway - been drafting this for last hour or so - I just reconf’d the VM to use 6144 MB RAM 4 cores, 128 GB GPU and 3D acceleration - and now I can get the GUI with startx:

But it’s still “flawed” e.g. it says the Cosmic Dock is running - but - IT’S NOT THERE! Tried change its location, hide or autohide settings, no fix, no dock…

Giving up for now :smiley:

1 Like