I finally did it!

14 Likes

Congratulations… well done.
So where next ?

1 Like

applying for the masters program at my school.

2 Likes

And after that ?
Another 2 years of study …and a dissertation to write.
I never got to masters as could not face that so diversity called and did several other subjects at same level to make more marketable. My stepson did his degree some 4 years back in computing and communications and discovered on starting work he gets paid the same rate as someone with a masters
Best of luck in what ever you choose to do, hooe you continue to divote some time to this site and look forward to reading your contribution to the questions raised, great to have young blood bringing in new ideas on current technology

Congratulations! :+1:

1 Like

At my Uni, if a Masters program went well, you could convert it to a PhD
Doing a thesis is different…it has to be something more than “what I did for the last 2 years” … it has to have an idea, ie it has to say something … that is what the word ‘thesis’ means. I am sure they are telling you this.

2 Likes

I’m just trying to go as far as I possibly can with it. As if I didn’t get enough in undergrad. lol

4 Likes

congrats mate!

2 Likes

Congratulations @Doron_Beit-Halahmi :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Does tis mean your smarter then a 5 grader

yep, im now in 6th grade. LOL

1 Like

I means you have learnt to think … but not yet learnt what to think about.
Sorry, that is a bit blunt.

2 Likes

I agree with you. College simply teaches you how to think, the rest is obtained from real world experience.

3 Likes

Be careful of that Americanism. In Australia college is high school.

2 Likes

What is college in Australia?

1 Like

Oh, the Australian system is
Infant school 5-7 yrs
Primary school 8-11 yrs
High school 12-17 yrs
University
… with regional variations

Some High schools, especially private schools , are called colleges
Residential facilities at University are also called colleges
Some rural and technical post-school training centres are called colleges
Some facilities that started out as Colleges have become Universities.
But we go to University for a degree, not to College.

I guess a lot of it is inherited from the British system .
Only Universities confer degrees, colleges give technical qualifications.

So , in answer to your question, college can mean almost anything, except University.
We dont usually talk about going to college, the way Americans do.

4 Likes

In Melbourne / Victoria, they also had technical colleges - i.e. vocational focussed high school, I did year 10 at one… They finished at Year 11 - so if you wanted to do further study - you had to go to a traditional high school for year 12… That tech college I went to was South Melbourne Technical College… That institution also doubled as a TAFE (Technical and Further Education) - just before school finished for the day - apprentices would come to the “shop” classrooms (e.g. woodwork, metalwork, boilermaking, plumbing et cetera). My grandfather did his plumbing apprenticeship there in the early 1900’s…

3 Likes

In NSW they also had teachers colleges… places to train teachers.
They no longer exist. Teachers are trained at University today.
The word ‘college’ has a wide meaning in Oz.

3 Likes

also it’s only until recently that West Australia was

Pre-Primary
5 years
Primary School (Grade 1 to 7):
6-12 years
High School (year 8 to 12) :
13-17

They’ve now switched to start highschool at 12, i.e. Year 7 of school is now High School… Queensland was the same as WA (i.e. year 7 was in primary school), don’t know if they’ve changed.

Also - WA didn’t always have formal pre-primary - lot of kids just started Grade 1 in the year (or first half thereof) they turned 6… Like my younger sister, started school in WA, Grade 1, the year she turned 6 - had never been to kinder or pre-primary. I did my first 4 years of school in NSW, and did kinder, 1st Class - 3rd Class…

Sorry for hijacking this thread!

3 Likes