I have 3 errors in terminal when typing "sudo apt update"

E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-desktop/ubuntu-make/ubuntu groovy Release’ does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mozilla-daily/firefox-aurora/ubuntu groovy Release’ does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Hello Aren!

Please check out this article:

Does it help you?

1 Like

Yet another VERY good reason to avoid PPA’s… when I come across “package X” and it requires a PPA, I look elsewhere (or try and grab the DEB file)… I’ve broken Ubuntu and/or elementary in the past, thanks to PPA’s…

1 Like

With Debian, we need to look elsewhere, too. They are not very compatible with Debian, even if people try it over and over. I just cannot trust PPA on Debian. I always avoid it and haven’t used it since I broke my Debian a long time ago by being smart enough to put PPAs onto the OS.

Ay caramba, I thought they are at least safe on Ubuntu! Seems like PPAs seem too nice to work properly, as they should, all the time.

1 Like

looks like aarnet(edu.au) is down in Australia (has a CNAME of au.archive.ubuntu.com ) - have had to cut over my bunty boxes over to another aussie mirror… thought it was just me - tried it elsewhere… yeah… it’s down…

Hope they get it sorted quick smart couldn’t be arsed switching a bunch of machines to other repos…

I’ve had to switch mirrors many times even if they are still ‘active’
Several local ones are months behind on releases, (literally ‘just up the street’ in a few cases)
I’ve had to revert to the main sources in UK more than once for some reason?
I don’t know if it’s because I’m a British subject living in Central Florida maybe? (‘Patriot Act’ means Homeland Security and NSA can spy on me a lot easier if I was running Win 10)
In fact, I think the error messages I kept getting from Update Manager were the reason I originally signed up here - I completely ‘lost’ any way to open a terminal and had to install a new one (Guake) One of the kernel updates resolved that issue recently

1 Like

Thanks but my software & update app isn’t loading

Neither was mine which is why I installed a different terminal which then worked for updates