"I have nothing to hide"

Okay will do, thanks very much Andy2, will go look see. :grinning:

Actually - Iā€™m all for catching scumbags using their phones whilst in charge of deadly fast moving lumps of metalā€¦ Iā€™m a motorcyclist, and Iā€™ve nearly been cleaned up several times by morons who canā€™t NOT use their phones while driving, and Iā€™ve had friends who were nearly killed by the sameā€¦ using your phone while driving is not a case for privacyā€¦ Iā€™d like to see long gaol terms for people using phones while drivingā€¦

5 Likes

Then you would like the idea of living in China.

1 Like

Should say if one does not work on a particular site use the other.
And if neither work consider if you really want to go there?
When using ub16.04 - Epiphany with DuckDuckGo I open another tab or window to use and close when finished. Then in the remaining tab or window use Ctrl+E and under the privacy tab click all boxes to remove everything before exiting.
With Midori itā€™s very easy as there is menu option to clear private data and it remembers the boxes you checked plus an option to clear all on exit - neat. :+1:

1 Like

Wow People!
Some have suggested Chrome with AddBlockPlus is the cure - no way!
When I used to run FFox until privacy policy change I plugged in ABPlus but crucially also added NoScript.
You can then see what scripts are running in the background - frightening :cold_face:
Yup as FZ said way back in 73 - you can see the Slime Oozing Out :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Itā€™s the same up top, Dan. Drivers donā€™t see motorcycles (or bikes or pedestrians or wheelchairs) especially if they have their noses in their phones. 24 hour surveillance for distracted driving is a phenomenal idea!

1 Like

So you blokes are saying any amount of surveillance is going to stop accidents? So there is no crime in UK?, if there are that many people driving and talking on phones then it should also be possible to have all phones monitored and when moving at a certain speed have the car stopped, even better. the only reason motor bike riders are not using phones with riding is because you cant. Why wear clothes. why have doors, why have walls. why ride bikes if its that dangerous, It would save more lives, womenā€™s lives if you put surveillance cameras in ever ones homes, one woman a week gets killed in this country by partner, boy friend or husband. how many get knocked of motor bikes by drivers using phones, how many were getting hit by cars before mobile phones, what about other distractions in cars these days, all the electronic devices, how many accidents deaths happen from that. you blokes are making it easy for dictatorial authoritarian governments. so be it. Like I say no one can see any thing wrong with China.

3 Likes

Regarding distraction. I really hate those huge flashing screens with advertisements near the shop centers.
Itā€™s really flashing, especially in the night. Theres one near my home, and have to drive in front of it at least twice a day. I need pay huge attention not to look at it while driving.
I donā€™t know if you all have these kind of displays in your countries. But you can test it at home: just switch on your TV, and turn away, but have the screen in your periferal sight. How hard is it not to look at it directly while an advertisement? Itā€™s really very hard, I can tell - at least for me. I hate this.
And if I do look at it accidentally, Iā€™m distracted for a second from the driving. Isnā€™t that dangerous? It is, I think.
And thereā€™s no adblocker to stop it, as it is physically present.
I wonder how many accidents happened caused by distractive advertisments?

Not possible in any country bigger than London.

If everyone that has been detected to use a phone while driving through London would get immediately arrested and put to jail, so thereā€™s no chance they would drive again for the amount of time they are in jail, do you really think that would not stop any accidents?

That said, saying that cameras to prevent people from driving while being on the phone would be a good thing, does not mean that cameras should be in your toilet watching you shit. Itā€™s like saying ā€œOh why have police officers? Do you want them to be on patrol in my home, too?ā€. This is non-sensical to say.

Thereā€™s plenty wrong with China, that has nothing to do with privacy and/or cameras. Thereā€™s also a lot good about China that is displayed the wrong way in especially Americanized media here. Everything has a good and a bad side. Nothing is pure white or pure black, like America always tries to deem everything on earth.

2 Likes

I would imagine, depending on the country, if its a scantly dressed woman I guess there would a few, pardon me for laughing, none bad I hope, but yes they are a problem to me also, Not only the ones lit up, either, night driving, some of them are very reflective, and thats causes distraction also.

Okay I will bow out now, yes its a good idea to take pictures of people using phones while driving, there is a bonus of course, any crooks, could be tracked and caught, there are no doubt lots of good possibilities beside stopping accidents. Gordon Welchmanā€™s ideas come readily to mind. Sorry I stepped out of line. i shall refrain from suggesting any thing about ā€œI have nothing to hideā€ and the future can be my judge. Thank you for your kind suggestions and ideas. I will not respond to any more on this subject.

Yes, America and Israel control all our media too in UK. Loved working at factory in Baoji, China; such lovely kind and interesting people. Loved to walk the city streets at night - children being instructed how to write by brush with water in dust on pavement. Or the park where I joined in ancient theatrical dance music and was invited to sing with peopleā€™s choir! Then up into the mountains and forest for a walk and a feast including bear meat. Loved every minute and the food, green tea please, :slightly_smiling_face: Cola -Yuk. :face_vomiting: Barf Out
No doubt - as noted - some bad stuff going down - but nowhere is clean. :male_detective:
Having had a couple of bad bike accidents; my best advice is to treat all other motor vehicles as the enemy trying to kill you and take full responsibility for your own safety :motorcycle: they seem to survive in China but donā€™t know how?

1 Like

Despite all the effort in trying to believe it, but I cannot fathom someone could ā€œloveā€ to work at a factory in China, except as a manager or boss, who just advises the workers there. Chinese workers work 10-16 hours every day, most of the time doing something really stupid and mind numbing.

I could not go so far as saying that these parties ā€œcontrolā€ the media, per sĆ©. America plays a big role in influencing our media here, but they donā€™t ā€œcontrolā€ it like having some department issuing out commands as to what news we get tomorrow. Saying that, I cannot see influence of Israel in our media. How would that happen?

The thing is - as a design engineer you can converse with other engineers around the world either by translator, sketches FreeCAD or just in the metal or any other material. You can see and feel the enthusiasm for my unique designs and concepts. The look of realisation on the Chinese faces when all 13 engineers and scientists as they understood my virtual pivot in the middle of a rail track head was priceless - you could die smiling! Some may see this as mad.
Or driving my CAS tilting cars at 120mph or 190kmph now copied and patented by famous motorcycle manufacturer in the States. Rave review of animated CAD drawing China or USA - it does not matter!
You may understand when I tell you what convinced me about the web? Perhaps not - but very briefly or buy the book. The land speed record UK team were out in the Jordanian desert with the car, a massive aeroplane, a small British team inc the Tea Lady, No Fuel and No Money! Someone thought about selling Fuel Certificates and by next morning they had all the money. Apparently thousands of people and engineers around the world were logged into the carā€™s camera smiling and were only too happy to buy a certificate :money_mouth_face: Doeā€™s this give you part of the answer?

Thank you! I had been trying to remember that very quote.

ā€œThose who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)ā€

3 Likes

For some reason, whenever I see something of this nature I always think of Orwellā€™s 1984 as well.
Covid 19 tracers wonā€™t be used for other purposes, anyone here actually believe that?
I guess some may call me subversive, to others, ā€˜Heā€™s the STIGā€™

1 Like

Yep, intellectual property only counts when someone steals it from USA (or SONY)

2 Likes

that reminds me of a book i read last year. it covers a lot of historical context, but the basic idea is that when the US was founded copyright was an english tradition to be flaunted for profit and ā€œeducating the massesā€ until it became more profitable to adopt the same (or more restrictive) rules to protect our mouse (sorry, thatā€™s the Disney talking. i meant ā€œstuffā€) from the rest of the world.

1 Like

Would that writer you refer who topped himself be an American writing ā€¦
What have rules got to do with it? :thinking:
Thought it was US Dollars or Mega Bucks that gives US immunity from prosecution for theft of British or English inventions? :roll_eyes:

Yoā€¦

ā€¦the guy who modified and tuned the Rolls-Royce - British Invention - Jet Engines - got so fed up with His Modifications appearing in USA next week he just gave up the job. Hey Thrust 2 project started with just Ā£175 and one engine

Hey Dude with two engines and rear wheel shopping trolley ThrustSCC achievedā€¦

After the record was set, the World Motor Sport Council released the following message:
The World Motor Sport Council homologated the new world land speed records set by the team ThrustSSC of Richard Noble, driver Andy Green, on 15 October 1997 at Black Rock Desert, Nevada (USA). This is the first time in history that a land vehicle has exceeded the speed of sound. The new records are as follows:
Flying mile 1227.985 km/h (763.035 mph)
Flying kilometre 1223.657 km/h (760.343 mph)

Could I say a huge Mega Sonic Boom thank you to those good people of Black Rock who told the US officials to *** off when they tried to stop the British Team running there.
Of course when there is a Sonic Boom for both run directions the US could not blame their equipment for a non run fault etc etc.
So sad that even now the US is still trying to cash in on other peoples work, design and inventionsā€¦ :face_vomiting:

Hey @01101111 if you want a good read there is a good book - mine was stolen - ISBN 9781852252687 - by Richard Noble. :ok_hand:
You have permission to go Supersonicā€¦ :1st_place_medal:
Thrust: The Remarkable Story of One Manā€™s Quest for Speed

Stock

No not the one ripped by American writers :roll_eyes: