Hi Rosika,
Congratulations.
That was not easy inside an NBD
You could use that extra 10Gb at the end to

• expand the home or swap partitions
  • expand the root partition again at some later stage
  • make a new partition.

I hope 22G for / is enough?

I wonder why QEMU used msdos partitioning inside the qcow2 file. That is why you have that extended partition arrangement.

Make a backup now of the new qcow2 file
before you try upgrade.

Regards
Neville

1 Like

My OrangePi 2E+ running Armbian 16 (Ubuntu 16 armhf) has been going for 5+ years (May 2018) and has 401 days of uptime :smiley: - not that this is a widdling competition :smiley: - it’s actually managed to power on through the odd power brownout too - no idea how - but it’s the only device on my network that can survive a brownout… I reckon 401 days ago would have been either me accidentally unplugging its power brick, or, when my suburb was cutover to underground power… It doesn’t do much, just transmission-daemon saving torrents to my NAS (which is very temperamental when it comes to brownouts, but it is an x86_64 “server” machine with an ATX power supply)…
Sorry @Rosika for butting into your thread :smiley:

You dont do upgrades? That requires a boot and ruins your record.

It’s EOL Ubuntu 16 - so no updates - especially not kernel updates…

╭─x@orenmwy ~  
╰─➤  sudo apt list --upgradable
Listing... Done
libapparmor1/xenial-security,xenial-updates 2.10.95-0ubuntu2.12 armhf [upgradable from: 2.10.95-0ubuntu2.11]
ubuntu-advantage-tools/xenial-updates 29.4~16.04 armhf [upgradable from: 27.14.4~16.04]

No point updating those :smiley:

1 Like

Hi all and thanks for your replies, :heart:

@nevj :

Thanks a lot. I´m glad it worked out fine in the end.

You´re right. That´s always a good idea. The other options are also fine. Thank you, Neville.

I hope so. When I tried to upgrade to Bullseye it complained there wasn´t enough space left on /dev as 2 GB worth of data had to be downloaded.

I took a snapshot of it with the virsh command. That should be good enough, right?

@nevj :

No problem, Dan.
I always enjoy reading your contributions. Thanks.

Many greetings to all

Rosika :slightly_smiling_face:

Should be better than just backing up the file… it should also save the virt-manager settings I think
see this

1 Like

Thanks, Neville, for the confirmation and for providing the link.
I´ll look into it.

Many greetings from Rosika :slightly_smiling_face: