Need help with French and German content on It's FOSS

Hey FOSSers :wave:

Some of you might have seen the Spanish section on It’s FOSS:

This helps Spanish speaking Linux users who are not proficient in the English language.

I plan the same for German and French languages. Translate some of the most useful/common It’s FOSS content into these languages.

And I need your help if you are proficient in one of these languages and have some free time to contribute.

The content will be created in three phases:

• Auto translate the existing content from English
  • Manual review (and editing) of the translated content so because AI and translating tools are not perfect :robot:
  • Recreate screenshots in native languages (so that it is easier for people to follow)

You’ll be mentioned in the article for your contribution.

Please let me know if you are willing to help me with it :pray:

I’ll create a special badge of honor in this forum for people who help me :partying_face:

1 Like

I am happy to be involved, but my french written skills are sadly lacking as I tend to read and write as I say it so often get tu and vous wrong. However can proof read and make suggestions of terms used through experience.

1 Like

Thank you for offering help. Paul :pray:

I am sure your French is better than mine :slight_smile:

I’ll contact you when I have the articles ready.

If all else fails will ask my french wife, she goes with me to french clients just in case they don’t understand what I explain. I am told I have a funny accent but it’s not true I am from Yorkshire so speak correctly it’s the French have accents … Ha ha ha
If you are overwhelmed with offers will not be offended if you choose several.
Anything for a blue Peter badge.