NetFlix not working in Firefox

Then I have no idea why Netflix does not work on this particular version of Linux. Did you contact Netflix technical support?

I have not got anything that old, but what I have done is put 32bit version of Peppermint OS which is based on 18.04, running the same Hardware Enablement Stack Kernel as 20.04, in VirtualBox. Although just updated to 5.4.0.77 in 20.04, Peppermint should do the same.

Iā€™m at work at the moment on night shift, day off on Thursday 24th June. Iā€™ll see what I can come up with for you test wise, though just wondering whether a Legacy install might make a difference? I used to Legacy install a lot on my older hardware, as it could not handle UEFI installs. It can make a difference to what you want to run too, as youā€™re using older hardware. Pentium 4 should not have that much of a time to play Netflix video, as your Browser is doing the work to stream it. What year is your processor? In 2004 they started making thread ripper ones, to enable 64bit. Can your computerā€™s Ram be updated to say 4GB? Iā€™ll be back on Thursday night. Try Peppermint OS 32bit
Peppermint Website
When I used it, everything I chucked at it, it just kept saying yes. Never griped, moaned or nothing.

@clatterfordslim, I suspect the problem lies in something unsupported in the 32bit world.
Originally this was not my problem, I just made some tests.
Otherwise Netflx worked for me nicely on my 64bit installs (laptop, desktop), and on my RPI as well.
As I did quit Netflix, and canceled my account, I canā€™t make any new tests.
If you make any new tests, you make it for @uboyalu :smiley:

So I used Bodhi Linux 32 bit in a VM and was able to reproduce the issue.

I tried a number of things but Netflix kept on refusing to play :frowning:

A post was split to a new topic: Widevine drops support for 32-bit operating systems