Post your desktop(s)!

I like real photos. Use several of my own.
In selecting pictures for desktop background you seem to need a particular sort of color and brightness and pattern detail… so it does not overwhelm the windows.

Does any have a theory about that?

John’s Background switcher can also use local photos from your hard drive. Here is the pulldown to add a new source. You can choose multiple sources.

There are also several layouts.

2 Likes

John’s background switcher looks fine. But Variety is standard in most repositories for Linux distros. And I can mix in my folder of local photos along with Variety’s many great sources. Windows and Mac stuff isn’t very useful.

2 Likes

I have not had time to research this, but as I have a widescreen monitor, I have a lot of issues in using my own self-made wallpapers to display correctly. The text is always cut off no matter which method I choose. I either get black bars on the side, distorted image (in stretched mode), etc.

Will have to check out using something other than Linux Mint’s desktop wallpaper manager.

Thanks,
Sheila

2 Likes

You can install Variety and check it out in about three minutes, then dump it if you don’t like it. Synaptic Package Manager is the fastest way.

1 Like

My small mini acer running Redcore Linux with Plasma DE It is also running Gentoo Linux with a Mate DE

2 Likes