Trisquel 9: My Experience

Hey Daniel - You and only you can decide this. :thinking:

Abhishek demoted your “Review” to “My Experience” for obvious reasons.
A clear yet desperate attempt to rubbish Trisquel which now stands as a Monument to the Groupthink Fanboys - this is just fine with me. Only you know the real reasons for doing such - I do not have a problem with this - it would never enter my head to flag a post let alone a Topic.
Your main gripe being screen resolution and lack of drivers out of the box and how good Vista is :thinking: :astonished: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy: - then capitulating; :roll_eyes:acknowledging that this has nothing specifically to do with Trisquel as it is a general linux problem. Pssst - I have got great news for you - Dell designed its monitors to work with Windows - Vista not linux. Well fancy that…! :roll_eyes:

Please don’t pay any attention to a coffin dodgin old fool like me with old even ancient kit according to our friend Akito.
I am most grateful to your good-self for jogging the old fool’s grey matter as it dawned on me while posting…

… that my monitor - instant recognition as splash screen is correctly displayed on ancient Samsung LED TFT monitor with NVIDIA graphics driver provided by even the mini-Trisquel v8; works faultlessly giving optimum resolution and acceleration via the Nouveau gnulinux driver.
My old brain then realized that the monitor was even older than the 20+ year old 3D CAD Station built by a colleague and friend. It came from an even older Pentium 2D CAD box of 1990ish vintage Win3.1 days - Wow :astonished:

The days when this monitor started to replace the Cathode Ray Tube - Wow :astonished:
The sound via the monitor’s inbuilt stereo speakers is just as good as under WinXP-Pro. Cool or what…? :slightly_smiling_face:
It is to the credit of this cash strapped small team at Trisquel that it not only recognised this disparate collection of components but optimised them to enable a FOSS World Record of Efficiency (and breathtaking speed too) for ANY FOSS distro.

All thanks to you :+1:

By the way even mini-Trisquel can give you this OTT choice of screen resolutions - Yes Auto too… :face_with_monocle: :astonished: :slightly_smiling_face:

I was playing with different resolutions to blanket increase size of icons, menu text etc - I settled on a reduction to 1368 x 768 :slightly_smiling_face:

ps As @abhishek has corrected his position 3 times - thanks Abhishek for some clarity - but do we buy into this proclaimed ignorance of all things gnulinux - I do not. You can take politeness too far at times! :frowning: