Ubuntu 20.04 alongside Multiboot Windows 10 and Xubuntu 18.04

Hello, on my PC I multiboot Xubuntu 18.04 plus Windows 10. On my laptop I have Ubuntu 20.04. In the past I tried to upgrade Xubuntu 16.04 to 18.04 and failed completely. I then had to start from scratch again while it worked alright before. Is it possible to install Ubuntu 20.04 alongside Windows 10 and Xubunt 18.04 without destroying everything again?
Thanks in advance, HHarry18

Yes, but the best answer for all your concerns is still:

Backup

That’s all you need to know and all you need for this to succeed.

1 Like

Hello Akito, Thanks for your welcome, but I’ve been a member since 2018. As far as your advice “Backup” is concerned: I make a backup weekly so that’s not the problem. My only question was whether I can add Ubuntu 20.04 alongside the multiple boot system with Windows and Xubuntu 18.04. I had already read the FAQ’s you mentioned but could not find the answer there.

Actually, the answer is in the FAQ. There are specific guides for multi-boot installations.

Thanks for your non-helping lectures and answers, you are famous for it, by the way. I suppose you don’t or can’t read: I could not find the answer to my request in the FAQ’s as I told you. I also wrote that I already work with a specific multiboot system (Windows 10 and Xubuntu 18.04). Never mind, I’ll try to find an answer some other place. End of question.

Thank you. Have a good one.